Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengal Chris Henry arrested

Re: Bengal Chris Henry arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    He won't miss four games. That's only for second time drug offenders in the NFL's drug abuse program.

I wonder how the NFL differentiates punishment between drug offenders in the NFL's drug abuse program and those who have been punished criminally for a drug violation?

Does a criminal drug violation merely get you into the 1st stage of the program or does the criminal violation ratchet up the punishment, even for 1st time offenders?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    I wonder how the NFL differentiates punishment between drug offenders in the NFL's drug abuse program and those who have been punished criminally for a drug violation?

Does a criminal drug violation merely get you into the 1st stage of the program or does the criminal violation ratchet up the punishment, even for 1st time offenders?
    I'm not sure on that one.

I got this from an article on the Bengals website:

According to league policy, the arrest puts Henry into a treatment plan that can’t exceed 90 days, but can be revised up to six months. If player is charged with criminal activity, he’s required to attend clinical evaluation. Failure to comply with the treatment plan or clinical evaluation can result in a fine or suspension.

A conviction or any admission of guilt can result in a fine, suspension, or banishment from the NFL as called by the commissioner, according to the NFL policy.
    It also said the Bengals and NFL would not take action until his court case is done and his preliminary hearing is in January. But Marvin still may suspend him from playing this week. It sounds like he has not made up his mind yet.

Hmm... sort of nebulous.

According to league policy, the arrest puts Henry into a treatment plan that can’t exceed 90 days, but can be revised up to six months. If player is charged with criminal activity, he’s required to attend clinical evaluation. Failure to comply with the treatment plan or clinical evaluation can result in a fine or suspension.

A conviction or any admission of guilt can result in a fine, suspension, or banishment from the NFL as called by the commissioner, according to the NFL policy.
    Looks like he could be facing any number of possible punishments with a successful prosecution of the alleged charges.

LOL, Reds Fanatic, you know what they say about great minds don't you?

If he's convicted of this he will be entered into the substance abuse program, as I understand it. So he'll have one strike against him in the eyes of the NFL.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    If he's convicted of this he will be entered into the substance abuse program, as I understand it. So he'll have one strike against him in the eyes of the NFL.

From that highlighted text it appears that he could face any number of possible punishments from the NFL if convicted.

You gotta think that any sort of drug-related conviction, even a pot-charge, would carry a suspension of at least a couple games.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I would bet that regardless of what the NFL does, Marvin will most likely impose some sort of disciplinary action, possibly make him sit out the Detroit game.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    I would bet that regardless of what the NFL does, Marvin will most likely impose some sort of disciplinary action, possibly make him sit out the Detroit game.
    That'd be the one I would pick, as well.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    it aint legal either...
    Should be....

...but that's not the point

You gotta think that any sort of drug-related conviction, even a pot-charge, would carry a suspension of at least a couple games.
    And you'd think Ray Lewis would be in jail, too. Wacky world we live in.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    And you'd think Ray Lewis would be in jail, too. Wacky world we live in.
    Why would Ray Lewis be in jail? He's innocent.

Why would Ray Lewis be in jail? He's innocent.
    Yeah and I'm Batman
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Yeah and I'm Batman

What a nice costume!

Turn Off Ads?