Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengal Chris Henry arrested

Re: Bengal Chris Henry arrested

I get the feeling that Bengals fans might be a bit wary of jumping on the Chris Henry Bandwagon after this. This is a team that had to deal with the heartbreak of Stanley Wilson. While crack is certainly different from pot, some people don't differentiate when it comes to illicit substances. I know the first thing I thought when I heard "Chris Henry" and "drug arrest" was, with this being a playoff season, "Stanley Wilson." Couldn't help it. For those of us old enough to remember, that was really something that hurt, especially on the eve of the Super Bowl.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You look good too Robin

Go Gators!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Should be....

...but that's not the point
    maybee in your world...

Weed is not as serious an offense as there is in the NFL certainly. Read Pros and COns sometime, it makes it hard to be an NFL fan. Where does one draw the line at punishing rule breakers?

I dont have the answer, but I know when you do this, you pay the price, and then are given the chance to move on. DO it again, and you would be done in my book.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I get the feeling that Bengals fans might be a bit wary of jumping on the Chris Henry Bandwagon after this. This is a team that had to deal with the heartbreak of Stanley Wilson. While crack is certainly different from pot, some people don't differentiate when it comes to illicit substances. I know the first thing I thought when I heard "Chris Henry" and "drug arrest" was, with this being a playoff season, "Stanley Wilson." Couldn't help it. For those of us old enough to remember, that was really something that hurt, especially on the eve of the Super Bowl.
    Im not even a bengals fan and that one hurt here too.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    maybee in your world...

Weed is not as serious an offense as there is in the NFL certainly. Read Pros and COns sometime, it makes it hard to be an NFL fan. Where does one draw the line at punishing rule breakers?

I dont have the answer, but I know when you do this, you pay the price, and then are given the chance to move on. DO it again, and you would be done in my book.
    I never said he shouldn't be punished. He broke the law, and he broke NFL rules. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I wish I could find the Borgman cartoon of that incident - it's not in the archives of the Enquirer. I have it in his Cincinnati book - might just scan that.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    I would bet that regardless of what the NFL does, Marvin will most likely impose some sort of disciplinary action, possibly make him sit out the Detroit game.
    That would also be a good time for the other receivers to step up, just in case.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Report: Henry inactive
    By GEOFF HOBSON
    December 18, 2005

1 p.m.

DETROIT _ It appears that Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is trying to win the AFC North Division title and send a message on the same day.

CBS reported Sunday that rookie wide receiver Chris Henry is inactive for the game here against the Lions, a report the Bengals won’t confirm until the inactive list is released about 90 minutes before game time at Ford Field at 2:30 p.m.

Henry, arrested on a possession of marijuana charge early Thursday morning, made the trip but it appears Kelley Washington is going to take his spot as one of the five receivers. Whether Washington, Kevin Walter, or rookie Tab Perry is going to be the third wide receiver with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh remains to be seen.

The Bengals lose Henry’s 30 catches and five touchdowns, although Perry and Walter have each scored a touchdown this season. But Walter’s 15 catches, Washington’s five and Perry’s two still leave the trio eight shy of Henry’s output. The Bengals don’t want to beat down Perry and Walter, since they are each tied for second with 15 special tackles, one behind leader Marcus Wilkins.

Turn Off Ads?