Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky vs. Louisville Basketball Game Thread....

Kentucky vs. Louisville Basketball Game Thread....

Well, seeing as though we are now officially down to T-24 hours and counting....There happens to be a basketball game being played here tomorrow in our little downtown arena that I thought might draw a little interest on this board. Okay, you got me--I really just wanted to chat with WilyMoRocks.

Anyway, the talk around here is that UK will play "newly inspired" ball due to the recent announcement that Randolph Morris will be freed from indenture on January 10th. I predict that the suspension decision will have the opposite effect. In other words, somebody who is currently starting will soon be riding the bench. That person is gonna do all that he can to make Tubby's benching decision far more difficult. Translation: An already selfish UK team may start dining on each other's flesh in order to secure a starting position (I am staring in your general direction, Joe Crawford ).

Yes, Tubby has enjoyed a full week off since Indiana, but that wasn't the kinda game I would have wanted a long layoff after (even without finals taking place). I expect that by the end of the game, most of the UK players will appear as though they suffer from Emphysema.

My prediction: When it matters most, Louisville hits their free throws and Kentucky does not. Coach Teener avenges the ghost of Patrick Sparks and comes out with narrow 4 point victory, 78-74.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kentucky vs. Louisville Basketball Game Thread....

With the way things are going right now, Louisville will win by as many as they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm a UK fan, but I don't see them winning this game barring injuries on the UL side. This COULD be one of the worst blowouts in series history.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Retired

As a UC fan I must say..........................go Louisville!

Louisville just scored.

Hmmm... well, the one thing that can allow UK to approach this game somewhat optimistically is that Louisville has played scrubs and only scrubs up to this point in their season and a few of those scrubbish teams have actually pressed them fairly hard.

Date Day Opponent Location TV Time/Result
    11/02/05 Wed BELLARMINE (Exhibition) FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 70-63
    Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Listen | Gametracker
    11/19/05 Sat TENNESSEE-MARTIN FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 78-61
    Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Listen
    11/20/05 Sun SOUTHERN INDIANA (Exhibition) FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 82-77
    12/03/05 Sat PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
    (Colonial Classic) FREEDOM HALL WBKI W, 90-65
    12/04/05 Sun ARKANSAS STATE
    (Colonial Classic) FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 67-55
    12/05/05 Mon RICHMOND
    (Colonial Classic) FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 53-45
    12/10/05 Sat AKRON FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 111-85
    Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Notes | Photo Gallery | Listen | Gametracker
    12/13/05 Tue CHICAGO STATE FREEDOM HALL WHAS W, 78-54
    Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Notes | Listen | Gametracker
    Perhaps they're just playing down to the level of their competition, but a couple of those games legitimately could have been losses. They just haven't played anybody good. They're battling some injuries. I don't know, looking at Louisville objectively (difficult to do, I'll admit) I just can't be high on a team that has an undefeated record based on beating the cupcakes that they have played.

I still think this team is capable of playing some good basketball. Louisville doesn't put incredible emphasis on the inside game which could actually be a huge boon to us in this matchup.

As we all know, they love to run and gun. If this team will play like an actual team rather than a bunch of selfish jerks--as I so aptly described them in a previous thread--then UK *will* have a chance.

A Patrick Sparks sighting would be nice. I wish that guy would become a team leader, I'm just not sure if he has enough talent to get the youngsters--who appear to think they are God's gift to basketball--to follow what he says.

Ahhhh, I'll pick UK to win a squeaker, just b/c it's at Rupp. I think Blimpie's right, though, our poor FT shooting could end up making the difference in this game.

Okay, why doesn't CBS list UK's ranking (#23)? They have #4 in front of Louisville, but list UK as unranked. Are they going by some poll that doesn't have UK ranked in the top 25 or is it just the evil Billy Packer at work yet again?
    Last edited by WMR; 12-17-2005 at 02:11 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    As a UC fan I must say..........................go Louisville!
    As a UC fan, I must say..........go neither!! :

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    As a UC fan, I must say..........go neither!! :
    Actually, as a UC fan you should say ... go Louisville!

Right now, it may look like UC is gonna need all the help it can get to reach the tourney. We need the Big East to absolutely dominate so UC's RPI can reap the benefits of having a tougher schedule and being in a ridiculous conference.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Retired

You can tell Louisville hasn't played anyone this year. Texas is getting crushed too, again. They were down by 20 with 19 seconds left in the 1st half.

Cyclone,

UC is #10 in the RPI right now and has #1 ranking in strength of schedule. That will probably tank though since our next 2 games are against cupcakes.

Louisville, where you at?!?!?!?!?!

C'mon ring Pitino up one more time, I want to see him take the walk of shame.

Post To Contact

So, has a half-decent lineup finally been found for this team? Looks like it, I didn't get to check out the game...
    Last edited by Big Donkey; 12-17-2005 at 04:30 PM.

Color me wrong, and impressed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Big Donkey
    So, has a half-decent lineup finally been found for this team? Looks like it, I didn't get to check out the game...
    Well, they basically did what we said they needed to do.

Patrick Sparks played a good game and actually helped control the flow of things;

Bradley and Crawford cut down on the ill-advised shots (with Crawford playing a HECK of a game with an absolute MONSTER dunk);

Woo played probably his best game ever as a Cat;

Tubby is finally beginning to realize that Bobby Perry sort of sucks and seriously cut back his minutes;

Rekalin Sims is a HORRIBLE passer and decision-maker with the ball, there's a reason he had to go JUCO...

Overall, the unselfishness was the biggest difference today, with players finally beginning to appear willing to accept certain roles. If they had played this way against UNC & Indiana, absolutely no way they lose those games.

Hopefully this will be a springboard to bigger and better things and the players will continue to embrace this team-first style.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Well, they basically did what we said they needed to do.

Patrick Sparks played a good game and actually helped control the flow of things;

Bradley and Crawford cut down on the ill-advised shots (with Crawford playing a HECK of a game with an absolute MONSTER dunk);

Woo played probably his best game ever as a Cat;

Tubby is finally beginning to realize that Bobby Perry sort of sucks and seriously cut back his minutes;

Rekalin Sims is a HORRIBLE passer and decision-maker with the ball, there's a reason he had to go JUCO...

Overall, the unselfishness was the biggest difference today, with players finally beginning to appear willing to accept certain roles. If they had played this way against UNC & Indiana, absolutely no way they lose those games.

Hopefully this will be a springboard to bigger and better things and the players will continue to embrace this team-first style.
    I'll see your post, and raise you this: Rajon Rondo is still bitter at his hometown school and, more specifically, Pitino for failing to offer him a scholarship. I'll bet that Pitino sees visions of Sebastian Telfair in his nightmares....

Rondo played like a madman and was never out of control at any point today. I think he hit about 75% of his free throws which should warm hearts all across the Bluegrass...

Turn Off Ads?