Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky vs. Louisville Basketball Game Thread....

Re: Kentucky vs. Louisville Basketball Game Thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    You can tell Louisville hasn't played anyone this year. Texas is getting crushed too, again. They were down by 20 with 19 seconds left in the 1st half.
    Yep....but believe it or not, today's loss will hurt Texas more in March than it will tomorrow. Unranked Tennessee (currently 6-0) is the team that was drubbing Texas today. Once Tennessee finishes their conference season around .500 in a watered down SEC, their anemic RPI will, in turn demolish the RPI of Texas when they are lobbying for a higher seed in the NCAA....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    La Dolce Vita

2nd largest crowd ever at Rupp today and one of the noisiest I've ever heard. It definitely helped. "Over-rated" chants rose over and over toward the end. Woo was chosen "star of the game". Of course Rondo could have been. Maybe Tubby finally found a starting five.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop
    2nd largest crowd ever at Rupp today and one of the noisiest I've ever heard. It definitely helped. "Over-rated" chants rose over and over toward the end. Woo was chosen "star of the game". Of course Rondo could have been. Maybe Tubby finally found a starting five.
    Yes! Definitely! Whenever anything good happened for UK, the roar of the crowd was unbelievably loud and gave me goosebumps a couple times.

Man oh man, it really looked at first like Pitino was given 2 tech's!! Ahh, that would have been so sweet seeing him forced to walk off the court amidst the cheers of a raucous crowd like the one at the game today.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Yes! Definitely! Whenever anything good happened for UK, the roar of the crowd was unbelievably loud and gave me goosebumps a couple times.

Man oh man, it really looked at first like Pitino was given 2 tech's!! Ahh, that would have been so sweet seeing him forced to walk off the court amidst the cheers of a raucous crowd like the one at the game today.
    Why do you KY guys hate Pitino so much? He took a program that went 13-19 under Eddie Sutton and turned it around. For a guy that won 81% of his games at Kentucky and delivered a national championships for the first time since 77-78' you'd think the "fans" would show him a little more respect.

Why do you KY guys hate Pitino so much? He took a program that went 13-19 under Eddie Sutton and turned it around. For a guy that won 81% of his games at Kentucky and delivered a national championships for the first time since 77-78' you'd think the "fans" would show him a little more respect.
    I don't hate Pitino.

The guy has always followed the dollar, and I certainly can't fault him for that; to each his own, I suppose.

HOWEVER: Whenever he plays UK, I want to see his team get crushed. Furthermore, I found it indescribably amusing when he got T'd up today.

What, Kentucky fans are supposed to bow at the guy's feet now that he's coaching the.... ugh.... LOUISVILLE CARDINALS???

Please, get real.

Pitino has an important place in the history of UK basketball. HOWEVER: He didn't win that championship, his players did.

And the thought of seeing the former king of Rupp Arena forced to walk off the court b/c of his big mouth is both ironic and very funny to me.

I respect the guy as a coach and for what he did for Kentucky basketball, but he's the enemy now.

How much does he really care about UK basketball since he was willing to coach our most hated rival? Would Adolph Rupp have gone to coach at UL? NO. He was a legend, HE WAS--WAS!!--UK basketball. That's what Rick was well on his way to becoming (some would argue that he was already there). HOWEVER, his willingness to coach at UL demonstrates to me that he didn't see his time at UK as anything more than a temporary job. That went a long way in tempering how I feel towards the man.He never considered himself a true Wildcat, and that is OKAY.

But Louisville basketball sucks. LOL, I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. And now Rick Pitino is a key component of that suckitude and he will not be beloved again in Lexington until his days of coaching Louisville are through.

Retired

I don't think people should bow at his feet, but some of the crap he takes from KY fans is really over the top. I remember his first game back in Rupp and people were holding up signs calling him a traitor and shouting obscene things at his family, very classy. I don't think Rick owes some great allegiance to Kentucky that he should have turned down a job at Louisville. Pitino had been out of college basketball for 4 years when he accepted that job. Did he take some blood oath he was never allowed to coach college basketball again after leaving Kentucky?

It seems to me Kentucky basketball, and their fans, owe a lot to Rick Pitino. I hope one day the Kentucky faithful can get over their hurt feelings and realize that.

But Louisville basketball sucks. LOL, I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is
    Louisville will win a national title before Kentucky does again.

I don't think people should bow at his feet, but some of the crap he takes from KY fans is really over the top. I remember his first game back in Rupp and people were holding up signs calling him a traitor and shouting obscene things at his family, very classy. I don't think Rick owes some great allegiance to Kentucky that he should have turned down a job at Louisville. Pitino had been out of college basketball for 4 years when he accepted that job. Did he take some blood oath he was never allowed to coach college basketball again after leaving Kentucky?

It seems to me Kentucky basketball, and their fans, owe a lot to Rick Pitino. I hope one day the Kentucky faithful can get over their hurt feelings and realize that.
    Hey I wasn't calling for shouting things at his family, nor would I ever do such a thing. That was the distinct minority, and you'll find knuckleheads like that in every sports arena in America, esp. when considering the emtions involved in this very unique situation.

I don't think Rick should have turned the job down either: IF THAT'S WHAT IS TRULY IN HIS HEART, as it turned out obviously to be. I know I couldn't do it. Become beloved by the majority of a state and then come back and coach their most detested rival??? There were plenty of high-profile jobs in the college ranks that Pitino could have accepted, but he was willing to go to Louisville. That is fine. Good for him. But don't expect such a decision to not have an impact on his legacy at UK, for however long he is at Louisville.

When he leaves Louisville, it'll be a lot easier for UK fans to accept him back into our hearts. As for loving the guy, RIGHT NOW, however? You're asking UK fans to separate emotions that cannot be separated.

His legacy at UK is a great one. But he cannot be loved in Lexington while he coaches the dreaded Louisville Cardinals.

Louisville will win a national title before Kentucky does again.
    Ah ha! I think not, grasshopper!!

But Louisville basketball sucks. LOL, I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.
    Sorry to jump in here, but if Louisville sucks so much why are UK fans so happy to beat them? or even care about beating them? further more shouldn't you guys beat such a sucky team by more then 12?

Go Gators!

Retired

I'm not saying you did those things, I didn't mean to imply that you did, but a lot of folks did. I was at that game, it wasn't a minority. I felt so bad for his wife having to sit there and listen to that garbage when he did so much for the program. I don't expect UK fans to cheer for him, but I got the impression that many have a deep hatred for the guy.

Oh well, I guess the Huggins mess has me reflecting on what coaches have done over the years. Xavier fans will probably hate Prosser too when he returns to coach UC.

Well, I wouldn't care if somebody good naturedly ribbed the guy; but, certainly, yelling vitriole at the guy's family is way way out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Sorry to jump in here, but if Louisville sucks so much why are UK fans so happy to beat them? or even care about beating them? further more shouldn't you guys beat such a sucky team by more then 12?

I don't mean sucks as in they are a bad team.

When a UK fan says Louisville Sucks, it's being said on an almost spiritual level, it isn't meant to reflect on their actual ability.

They're a good team with an incredibly able coach.

But they still--and always will-suck.
    (sort of like Florida, while we're at it)

And for further clarification: No, no margin of victory over Louisville (or Florida!! ) is ever margin enough.

(sort of like Florida, while we're at it)
    Who won the last 2 meetings?

and while were at it..how's the football team?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Who won the last 2 meetings?
    LOL, last 2??? hahaha, let's be fair, let's look at the last 100. That might be a better barometer of relative success. Or we can compare SEC titles or SEC championships if you want???

and while were at it..how's the football team?
    I don't know how UK did in football this year. I was too busy watching Florida get smacked down by Spurrier.

LOL, last 2??? hahaha, let's be fair, let's look at the last 100. That might be a better barometer of relative success. Or we can compare SEC titles or SEC championships if you want???
    Lets look at the last 2 meetings and forget antient history

I don't know how UK did in football this year. I was too busy watching Florida get smacked down by Spurrier.
    Sad.

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?