Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Player misses team flight

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Player misses team flight

Bengals Receiver Misses Flight to Cincinnati

Detroit Free Press

December 18, 2005

DETROIT, MI-Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Kelley Washington missed the team's flight back to Cincinnati after yesterday's game between the Bengals and the Lions.

"I don't know what happened," replied Washington, "I finished my touchdown celebration and when I looked up the stadium was dark and the security guy was standing there waiting to lock the place up."

The stadium employee told reporters, "I don't think I've ever seen a touchdown dance drag on that long. It was truly amazing."

Stadium security drove Washington to the airport after he changed, where he took a commercial flight back to Cincinnati to re-join the team. All Washington had to say was, "I guess I got a little carried away. It's been a while since I got a chance, you know."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Player misses team flight

One of the announcers on yesterday's game commented about Washington that if you celebrate after a 17-yard (non-touchdown) reception, then you haven't had much of a career. Also, Steve Tasker's comment after Chad didn't celebrate was "he actually acted like he had been there before."

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I liked what the announcers said yesterday regarding Kelly Washington...

"If you have to celebrate like that after a 15 yard reception, you've had a bad career."

Couldn't be more true.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Hey, I say cut the guy some slack. He's a young guy who was obviously very excited to get a chance to get some playing time.

I do remember, however, that even in year's past, he would act rather silly after any sort of 1st down catch... eventually you gotta stop acting like 1st down catches are TD catches.

Yeah, seriously, I don't think a little celebration was necessary every play. I saw him celebrate after a successful block to free Rudi up for one of his big runs.

But honestly, my dad always gets disgusted with over celebrating and he said (after the TD dance), "Geez I hate that crap, act like you've been there before." To which I replied, "Uhh, dad, he probably hasn't been there before."

When I saw that, I thought it was an ad for Ronco's "Greatest Hits of NFL Endzone Dances". He hit on every cliche, mincing step, and pirouette known to mankind.

Worthy of Cuba Gooding Jr.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Kind of silly to celebrate that much after one catch.

As far as saying he has had a bad career, He just hasn't had the opportunity. He has a boat load of talent, but has been injured alot, was in college too.

Hey, if a big fat lineman can get up and stomp around because he helped four other guys tackle a running back that plunged right into a stack on a dive play, then a receiver can do a dance after a TD. I used to fuss about the celebrations, but I finally decided that I was just starting to become a grumpy old fart.

And if Steve Tasker likes something, then I automatically hate it
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I can't stand Kelly Washington. Haven't liked him since his college days. He's not that great and can't stand contact.

Steve Tasker is a tool. Dude just hates the Bengals. That's all there is to it. And what kind of career did that guy to be talking about how bad someone else's is.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I liked what the announcers said yesterday regarding Kelly Washington...

"If you have to celebrate like that after a 15 yard reception, you've had a bad career."

Couldn't be more true.
    Keep in mind, though, that Gus Johnson is a lifelong Lions fan and Steve Tasker never misses a chance to trash the Bengals. Their 'performances' in the Baltimore and Detroit games were shamefully biased and one-sided.

Washington is a punk, but that comment (by Johnson, I believe) reeked of bitterness and acting like a sore loser.

Steve Tasker and Don Criqui were paired as CBS's bottom of the barrel for three years, meaning they saw a lot of bad Bengals games. Two years ago, Tasker got promoted to fourth string, but the wounds still sting. I don't blame him for being bitter.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?