Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Official Fantasy Football Playoff Bad Beat Thread

The Official Fantasy Football Playoff Bad Beat Thread

This thread is for those who want to drown your sorrows in telling us how you got knocked out of the playoffs.

I was 3rd in total points in my league facing a guy I had beaten twice already. Well, I had been playing Pittsburgh's defense all year and they had been solid all year until the past few weeks. For some reason, Seattle's defense was on waivers. They had been spectacular lately and were playing a bad offense in Tennessee. Pitt was going up against an above average offense on a hot streak and Pitt's defense hadn't been playing well the last few weeks. Over the previous 3 weeks in our league, Seattle had outscored PItt 68-14. I thought it was a no brainer. Well, as it turned out Seattle had their lowest point total of the entire season and Pittsburgh had their highest. The difference was 18 stinkin' points. It was the difference in the game. It was the only time, other than the bye, when I didn't start Pittsburgh.

Even still, I had a 24 point cushion coming into MNF and he had Todd Heap and Derrick Mason. They had scored 24+ points exactly twic in 14 weeks. So wouldn't you know it, Heap goes out and has his best week of the season and their combined scores were easily their highest of the year.

Unreal. I've madee the playoffs 4 straight years in this league (12 teams) and I've won one playoff game. This same guy knocked me out two years ago in similar fashion. I had outscored his team 9 of 14 weeks coming into this week.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Official Fantasy Football Playoff Bad Beat Thread

Finished the regular season 8-6 and with the #3 seed heading into the playoffs. Started off by facing a guy I've also beaten twice this season, once by about 60 points and the other time by less than one point. He beat me in the playoffs by about 20 points this past week. Here's why ...

1) I started Deion Branch over Donte Stallworth.
    2) Drew Brees sucked.
    3) Antonio Gates sucked.
    4) Dallas' defense sucked and allowed Mark Brunell (Mark Brunell!) to throw four touchdown passes.

I had the Bears defense and Thomas Jones heading into the Sunday night game, but I knew I was doomed even before then. They combined to give me 25 points to make it not-as-bad of a blowout, but it would have taken a miracle for them to get me 45 combined points to have a chance to win. For all the hoopla the Chargers have gotten for going into Indy and beating the Colts, you'd think Brees and Gates would have put up stellar [fantasy] games. But no ...

Me? I'm heading to the third place game ... *sigh*
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I get the Oil Can Crew again - I'm expecting a tie again - :kissingyoursister:
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'm just shocked to still be in the playoffs coming in as the fifth seed. I beat the number one seed this past week by one point. That has to hurt. Not sure whose team it was, but they are The Whirlies.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

In one of my leagues, it was pretty much a TD league with some points given for yards.

Sat Tiki Barber in favor of Mike Anderson the week Tiki went nuts.

I haven't been able to sleep since.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 12-23-2005 at 07:07 PM.

I was in first most of the season, got knocked down to second in the final week because of Carson Palmer's worst game of the year, and then met a team that had the luck to have Tiki Barber and Mark Brunell both in the lineup, having the game of their lives.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Woke up today feeling not so good about my playoff hopes in another league because I had Tomlinson at KC. At the last second I benched LT and played Frank Gore, who scored twice.

Sometimes you get really lucky.

wierd Saturday, huh?

Interesting how the games shook out.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm just shocked to still be in the playoffs coming in as the fifth seed. I beat the number one seed this past week by one point. That has to hurt. Not sure whose team it was, but they are The Whirlies.
    Looks like Sava is going to win the league tournament as a #5 seed. He knocked off the top seed by a point and then completely took out my team in the final.

Congrats Sava! Hope for a rematch next year!!!

I am horrible at all my fantasy leagues save baseball which I won.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?