Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaving early

Re: Leaving early

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Libraries can't issue warrants for arrests. Mostly, we just give your SSN to collection agencies and ruin your credit.
    Even better
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

ORH you are a baaaad man!

But in all seriousness it's kind of scary you can get stopped, booked and thrown in jail just for walking home at a late hour and having an overdue book at the library - warrant or not - I can't see why they couldn't just cite someone for that - surely there are more important things an officer should be doing at that hour you'd think.

c'mon man! finish the story! so did the cops give you a ride home after court or did you have to finish your walk?!

btw...I didn't get arrested but I once got "served" and had to appear at court for failing to fill out one of those jury questionairre forms. The judge was ticked and chewed on my butt for 20 minutes.

My one great brush with the law....could have the thinnest file over there in the 'ole FBI vault.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

You should have hired a lawyer.

You would have been driving a big car soon after.

btw...I didn't get arrested but I once got "served" and had to appear at court for failing to fill out one of those jury questionairre forms. The judge was ticked and chewed on my butt for 20 minutes.
    Ah HA! The shadowy criminal backbone of Redzone is coming out now!

What's next???? Someone got arrested and booked for pulling off a matress tag???

How many more notorious criminals are in our midst I wonder??

I got a speeding ticket once

I'm sorry..I've been hiding it from you all
    Go Gators!

I was hauled into the police station for toilet papering a house. The police went to our house and woke up my mom (my dad was out of town on business) and said we have your daughter at the police station. And poor mom said "no she's in bed" Ooops.

But the story continues. Seems my dad got pretty mad when he found out the homeowner had twisted my arm to the point of leaving bruises. So a couple weeks later he and I stood in the yard next door and threw these detergent tablets (I don't think they make them anymore) into Mr Arm Twisters pool.

Dad rawked.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    As a grad student, I had a special card in the university that let me check out books for 3 or 4 months (I forget). Naturally, that led to much procrastination in returning them. On the last day of spring semester, I returned a whole carload of books. Apparently, the moron that shelved them didn't credit me for turning them back in.
    When I went back to the library on the following October, I was marked as having over $2000 in library fines The librarian wondered why I was even allowed to register. It took me 4 hours to pull all those books off the shelves and prove to them that they were all turned in and to get them to fix their system.
    This helps to explain your unrelenting crusade against "the Man"
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    This helps to explain your unrelenting crusade against "the Man"

Could the librarian's name have possibly been Allen?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?