Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chappelle Theory

The Chappelle Theory

I know there are some fans of The Chappelle Show on RedsZone, so I wanted to share this web site, which claims to know the real story behind why his show was cancelled.

www.chappelletheory.com

IMO, it seems ridiculous, but at least it's an interesting read.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Chappelle Theory

given my experiences with leaders (legitamate and otherwise) in the African-American community, this doesn't seemed that far fetched.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

hmmm...seems to 'black helicopters blew up our levees' type of crazy for me to really believe.

This would make a good book.
    Go Gators!

I coudld've sworn i saw a commercial on comedy central the other day advertising the upcoming 3rd season.

They taped 4 episodes from the uncompleted season 3 which will still air.

OMG!!! Watch out teh drk crusadrs r gona get u 2!!!1!1!!!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

somehow it feels like this is all just one big scam/joke....stay tuned, i think

There are holes in that story large enough to drive P-Diddy's Hummer through, but it is an entertaining read.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave is the the 'man behind the curtain' of that website.

The whole 'Dark Crusaders' bit just reeks of Chappelle's sense of humor. IMO, the 'Chapelle Theory' site is a hoax created by Dave himself to:

(1) promote DVD sales
    (2) poke fun at himself & his 'breakdown'
    (3) poke fun at some of his critics in the African-American community
    (4) amuse himself by whipping internet conspiracy nuts into a frenzy

BTW, the biggest hole in the 'theory' is the proposition that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Bill Cosby, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, and Robert Johnson could all get together in one place without a horde of paparazzi trailing in their wake. Sorry, but a meeting of the 'Dark Crusaders' would be lit up like a Christmas tree.

I hope I don't get any negative rep points for what I am about to say. I hope that people don't read between the lines and fabricate what they think I might mean by what I am about to say. Feel free to disagree and/or expand, but please do not label me as a racist (I am very, very white)

Some radicals (whiteys) in the U.S. Government created and stirred up racial tensions in all parts of the country during the Reconstruction period (1865-1877) after the Civil War. They empowered the freedmen in the South against their former captors and gave them free reign to terrorize, rape, steal, beat, or whatever else they wanted. This, in turn gave birth to the Ku Klux Klan, who believed they had to act radically in order to reclaim the dignity that was rightfully theirs. The government then backed away as these tensions brewed and simmered and sometimes exploded and lingered for years. About a hundred years after the pot was stirred up, the Civil Rights Movement came about and the tensions were addressed and eased but in no way resolved.

What came about was a group of radical blacks with money and power who use any means necessary to make their cause known. In a nutshell, their cause is to frighten, shock, terrorize, and disturb the current powers that be. So to speak, they fight fire with fire. They spread their own racist hatred to combat the racist hatred that already exists. Some of the people in this group probably use their powers to do some good things like try to keep children in school and out of crime. But, some (not all) are extreme radicals and think nothing of repeating onto others the injustices their people have suffered.

Blacks with money and fame and power (athletes, entrepeneurs, entertainers, etc.) are under enormous pressure to give to "the cause". Part of "the cause" is to use the media to project positive images of blacks and expunge the years and years of negative images created by whites (J. J. on Good Times, Buckwheat, Stymie, and Farina on The Little Rascals, etc.). For example, this is why Dusty Baker's three-year-old son was in the dugout during the 2002 baseball post-season. Millions of people were watching as he was always looking cute at his fathers' side or on his lap and when retrieving the bats. Also, many newer TV shows and movies use and accentuate the "regular black man in a superdad" role to influence positive thoughts. Personally, I think these images are a good thing, provided they have the intended effect. They tell both white and black people that black family bonds can be strong and the family communications and interactions are the same all around (The Cosby Show, Family Matters, or even the now-defunct Tracy Morgan Show).

I am not wise enough to know all the terrorist tactics used by these radicals. I do not know what happens to people who refuse to join their forces. What I do know is James Jordan and Ennis Cosby were both killed (maybe assassinated) under very mysterious circumstances. This may sound like I have seen too many gangster movies, but I think it is possible that these murders were meant to scare Michael Jordan and Bill Cosby into falling in line and helping with the cause. The historical accounts portray both killings as random and impersonal, but we all know that historical accounts of anything can be misleading.

If they wanted to ruin Mr. Chappelle's career, or just bully him into falling in line, they very easily could have done either.

The world is an imperfect and unfair place. Sometimes you have to pay a price to get what you want or where you want and you may not know the full price until you get there and you have no choice but to pay it.

Evil knows no race, color, religion, or creed. It manifests itself into all human forms.

In regards to the above post, no hard feelings, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    (4) amuse himself by whipping internet conspiracy nuts into a frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Some radicals (whiteys) in the U.S. Government created and stirred up racial tensions in all parts of the country during the Reconstruction period (1865-1877) after the Civil War. They empowered the freedmen in the South against their former captors and gave them free reign to terrorize, rape, steal, beat, or whatever else they wanted. This, in turn gave birth to the Ku Klux Klan, who believed they had to act radically in order to reclaim the dignity that was rightfully theirs.
    D.W. Griffith lives!

Who wrote this, Rusty Shackleford?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?