Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Game Today Brown Fans....

Big Game Today Brown Fans....

and I know Bengal fans will be rootin' for us too.

Pittsburgh comes into Cleveland. I have a love/hate relationship with this rivilary, even though the Steelers have dominated us since we returned to the league. I hate'em with a passion.

Here's a neat site for those who share my feelings on the Steelers.... http://www.steelerssuck.com/

I've seen alot of progress in the Browns this year. Inconsistency? Yes. But that is to be expected with a new head coach trying to evaluate what he has and install a 3-4 "D". And injuries haven't helped us either. Man, to have a healthy Winslow and Edwards in there for Charlie to throw to would be a big boost.

But we've played in alot of tough, close games for the most part. Embarassed by the losses to Houston and Detroit - but oh well.

For those Brown fans, here is a good forum. It's ran by Kosar, his brother, and several former Brown players.

http://browns.scout.com/2/481767.html

I'll be there (GAC44), and in chat around 1 PM. They have an excellent chat format. There is usually 30-40 people in there during the game, and from all over the world. It's amazing. Stop in and I'll buy you a cold one.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Big Game Today Brown Fans....

It's Steeler week!! Oh the sweetness of handing them a loss and possibly killing playoff hopes!

Here is another forum,it's a more intimate place than Bernies. I used to hang out with them when I was on AOL and recently rediscovered them. They created their own site,sorta like Redszone.

http://thebrownsboard.com/
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Man, I hate those stinkin' Steelers.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Ah...the smell of Steeler week...

If its low scoring - the Browns have a better shot.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    and I know Bengal fans will be rootin' for us too.
    Actually, though it pains me to admit it, but I'll be rooting for the Steelers. No offense to Browns II fans, but if the Bengals end up with the #3 seed I would rather see them face the Steelers instead of the Chargers or Chefs. The Bengals have huge problems on run defense and in covering tight ends in the passing game, and the Chargers duo of Tomlinson/Gates scares the bejesus out of me. Ditto for the Chiefs duo of Johnson/Gonzalez. Not so much for the Steelers cast of Bus/Duce/Willie/Miller.

Besides, it sure would be nice to hang another 'L' on the Squeelers in a rubber match, eliminating the 'but we split the season series' excuse for their fans.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 12-24-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    Actually, though it pains me to admit it, but I'll be rooting for the Steelers. No offense to Browns II fans, but if the Bengals end up with the #3 seed I would rather see them face the Steelers instead of the Chargers or Chefs. The Bengals have huge problems on run defense and in covering tight ends in the passing game, and the Chargers duo of Tomlinson/Gates scares the bejesus out of me. Ditto for the Chiefs duo of Johnson/Gonzalez. Not so much for the Steelers cast of Bus/Duce/Willie/Miller.

Besides, it sure would be nice to hang another 'L' on the Squeelers in a rubber match, eliminating the 'but we split the season series' excuse for their fans.
    I agree. But right now the Chargers on the outside looking in.... and they have a HUGE game with Denver in week #16 that will determine their fate. They have to win out and Denver is not gonna rest any of their regulars in that game if they want to stay one step ahead of the Bengals as far as post-season positioning. Unless the Bengals lose AT KC in the last week.

Gonna be an interesting ending to this season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Well, the Chargers aren't as far out of it as some think. If they win out (no doubt, a tough choir), and Jax. finishes 1-1, they are in, even if Pitt. wins out. With a three way tie, head to head is thrown out the window.

Pitt. is going to have their hands full today. The Browns are playing good football, and this will be a very close game.

I agree. But right now the Chargers on the outside looking in....
    That is my point. If the Browns upset the Steelers, the Bengals are going to be looking at a date with LT/Gates instead of Bus/Miller. I want no part of of LT or Gates.
    Denver is not gonna rest any of their regulars in that game if they want to stay one step ahead of the Bengals as far as post-season positioning. Unless the Bengals lose AT KC in the last week.
    It works the other way around. The Broncos play the Chargers on New Years eve while the Bengals play the Chefs on New Years day. If the Broncos win their game, the Bengals might rest their starters versus KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    Well, the Chargers aren't as far out of it as some think. If they win out (no doubt, a tough choir), and Jax. finishes 1-1, they are in, even if Pitt. wins out.
    But in that scenario, the Chargers have to beat the Broncos on New Years eve, leaving the Bengals in the drivers seat for the #2 seed and a bye week. In that case, I don't care who makes the playoffs, because the Bengals won't be playing on that first weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    But in that scenario, the Chargers have to beat the Broncos on New Years eve, leaving the Bengals in the drivers seat for the #2 seed and a bye week. In that case, I don't care who makes the playoffs, because the Bengals won't be playing on that first weekend.
    Amen to that. A first round bye would be huge. One win and you are playing for the AFC title.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

At the half I'm left to ponder...

How we lookin'?

Not good.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Looks like the Browns II were nothing more than a speed bump for the Squeelers. 20-0 Squeelers at the half.

34-0 Squeelers with 12:00 remaining. This is getting Rosanne Barr ugly.

This is all that was left of the "Dawg Pound" after that one

Great job picking the Clowns vs. Squealers over a down to the last minute Bengals vs. Bills great NFL game 10TV, albeit a loss for the Bengals
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

GAC..maybe you shouldn't start game thread for your team
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?