Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Get For Christmas?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: What Did You Get For Christmas?

I got a tool chest and a table saw....never thought I would be thrilled with garage stuff, but I was. Can't wait to put the moulding up in the bedroom.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sam and I just watched Polar Express. Cute movie. I even stayed awake for it. The kids want to go out and spend their gift certificates they got, but we told them we want a day off to vegetate and we'll do it tommorrow.

My oldest boy got an X Box, and now he wants me to run right out and get him a 30 ft ethernet cable to run from my wireless Linksys router to his bedroom so he can play online. I'll get him set up, but not today.

Isn't there a wireless card you can put in the X Box?
    Last edited by GAC; 12-26-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    The best thing that I received was my g/f accepting my marriage proposal. We have had the best weekend with each other. Every quite moment we have had together, she peers deep into my eyes and her's begin to tear up with joy. Nothing can replace that feeling.
    Well CONGRATS! That's a heck of a gift.

She bought me some great gifts as well:

Bret Hart 3 Disc Collector's Edition DVD
    All I can say is that if you're marrying a woman who'd actually buy you THAT, you can look forward to a long and happy life together.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Oh, and the bestest gift I got was a 7" portable DVD player.

I called out for my wife through the bathroom door last night. She asked if I needed toilet paper. I yelled back, "No. Another disk from South Park Season 6 please!"

"The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

You're not posting from the bathroom are you Steel?

In a large family with kids out the yingyang gifts for the adults are usually small, it sucks

I got a sweater, home made fudge, a 20 question game, an orange poosh thing, and cash
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Well CONGRATS! That's a heck of a gift.

All I can say is that if you're marrying a woman who'd actually buy you THAT, you can look forward to a long and happy life together.
    She supports my wrestling watching habits. She doesn't care much for wrestling, but she is cool with the idea of me watching it. I bought her the Friends season 10 DVD. It was the only one she didn't have and I'm sure I'll have to sit through another marathon of that soon. She's really cool when it comes to things like that. She used to watch some of it with me, but since the Rock headed for Hollywood, she hasn't been quite as interested.

I watched the first disc in the collection this morning and it's pretty good. I wouldn't say that it's on the level of the Ric Flair collection, but it's worth the purchase.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    A set of these.

Now if only spring could arrive so I can use them.....
    Nice! Send them down to Charlotte and I'll try them out for you. In the 60's today and supposed to be near that all week. I think I'll have to get out at least once. What kind of sticks were you playing before the new Hogan's, paintmered?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    A set of these.

Now if only spring could arrive so I can use them.....
    Oh man, brings back a hilarious story for me yesterday. We were driving over to my grandparents house about 1 or so yesterday afternoon. They live in Pipestone in Miamisburg. If you aren't familiar it has a nice golf course that rings around the development. As we are pulling in we see an SUV parked on the side of the road right next to where 2 of the holes meet up. A dad and his son are both walking off the side of the road over to the holes with golf bags. As we drive past they look over at us (a little sheepishly) and both give us guilty grins and waves. It was pretty obvious what they got for Christmas but just seeing them walking out to test out the new clubs in 40 degree weather when the course was closed cracked me up.

I had a great Christmas. Both sides of my family are fairly small (I only have 4 first cousins) so I can usually get a lot of great stuff for the holidays (although I know it isn't all about that it's still nice ).

I got a digital camera that I had been wanting from "Santa." It is a Panasonic LZ2 and looks really nice. I don't know a whole lot about cameras other than point and click but my mom is really into it and helping me learn so I can take more pictures when I'm at college.

I also got a few CD's/DVD's including 34th and 8th (OAR), Coldplay Live 2003, and Office Space. I got a Reds hooded sweatshirt which I had been wanting, a Reds t shirt, and a book from the Reds team shop about Opening Day. The book profiles every Opening Day and looks very interesting although I may not get to read it until Spring Break if I don't get to it this week before I head back to school. I also got a major league baseball to maybe get a few Reds autographs on when I am down in Florida for Spring Break. Another sports related gift I got was the game "Scene It? Sports edition." I guess this game was one of the hottest holiday gifts and my mom tried to find it for me but it was sold out. My girlfriend works at FYE and grabbed one when the shipment came in before they sold out of them.

I also got some music stuff. A Dave Matthews Band sweatshirt and poster, and some DVD+RW's.

The last catagory of gifts was OSU stuff. This catagory was the biggest as all of my family seems to buy any and every Ohio State item they see. Good thing that I'm a huge fan and will probably be one of those Buckeye crazy alumni when I graduate. I got one of those super soft pillows, a few shirts/sweatshirts, a sign, lights, school supplies, and many other small items.

This was definately one of my favorite Christmas' in recent memory. I got a lot of great gifts and was pretty surprised in a good way for many of them. None of those gifts from the grandparents where you have to fake a smile and say thanks like it's your favorite thing.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I'll Just List The Highlights (Still Havn't Had Christmas With My Own Family Yet)

Brand New Laptop - Love My Woman!
    Tons Of Gift Cards
    Autograph Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - Thank You Self!
    Ken Griffey Jr Statue - Thank You Self Again!
    Baseball Trivia Book For The Bathroom!
    Ken Griffey Jr. Ornament

Baseball Trivia Book For The Bathroom!
    I just keep the current Reds' Media Guide there...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Oh, and the bestest gift I got was a 7" portable DVD player.

I called out for my wife through the bathroom door last night. She asked if I needed toilet paper. I yelled back, "No. Another disk from South Park Season 6 please!"

I got one of those as well. I'm charging up the battery at the moment. I hadn't thought of using in the bathroom though.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC

Grandma got my 10 year a model Apache helicopter that had to be assembled. I will curse Grandma the next time I see her! I thought I was putting together a real Apache 'copter.
    I saw a comic Sunday, I think it was "Baby Blues," that showed a dad reading the instruction book to put together his kid's new toy. Instruction no. 1 was: "1. Get an engineering degree from M.I.T."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Aw man! Clothes.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I got one of those as well. I'm charging up the battery at the moment. I hadn't thought of using in the bathroom though.
    Heh. I was actually eyeing a 9" LCD TV monitor that was on sale a couple months ago. I had the whold plan worked out to mount in on the bathroom wall, splice off the line coming out of the downstairs Dish Network box, and run a cable up through the laundry chute and through the wall. I even figured out how to build a little plexiglass case to seal it (to prevent potential moisture damage) and a pefect tiny sound system to hook it up to.

I thought it was a BRILLIANT idea. Listen to the news while showering in the morning or be able to do your business while not needing to miss a part of your favorite show or a moment of the football or baseball game you're watching. Heck, BEYOND brilliant said I.

My wife, however, gave me the look. You know...that look you get when your spouse thinks you've gone beyond the realm of slightly nonsensical and into the land of "crap you really don't need and should never even speak to me about"?

So instead, she conspired with my mother to get me a portable DVD player. Personally, I think it was more of a pre-emptive strike to thwart my plan.

Little does she know. Those small LCD TV's are getting cheaper every day. BWAHAHAHAHA!

BTW, speaking of irrational, does anyone here have a spouse who refuses to allow you to put a TV in the bedroom but who falls asleep on the couch in front of the television nightly? Does that make ANY sense???

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?