Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Red Jeff Reardon Arrested!

Former Red Jeff Reardon Arrested!

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=114750

Former Minnesota Twins pitcher Jeff Reardon was arrested in Florida Monday on suspicion of committing armed robbery.

According to a news release from the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department, the 50-year-old former All Star entered a Hamilton Jewelers store in shopping mall and handed a clerk a note demanding money. The clerk, believing Reardon had a gun, filled a bag with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Reardon fled the store with the cash and was followed by the store manager. Police arrived and arrested Reardon without incident outside a P.F. Chang's restaurant. The money was recovered at the same time.

Reardon, who has lived in Florida since the 1980's, earned over $11 million in his nine-year baseball career. He played for the Montreal Expos, the Minnesota Twins (and was instrumental in the team's 1988 World Series win), the Boston Red Sox, the Cincinnati Reds and the New York Yankees. He was dubbed "The Terminator" and remains one of the most effective pitchers in baseball history.

He is charged with armed robbery, but the police statement does not provide any details on weapons recovered at the time of the arrest.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Former Red Jeff Reardon Arrested!

Jeff must have had some severe hunger pains....hmmmmm....think I'll go rob a store then stop and grab myself a bite to eat nearby. That MLB pension plan must really suck....

Nice to see he still has the beard.

This is disapointing to me. I was hoping for a Jeff Reardon bobblehead night.
    http://www.ohiosportsfans.com
    GREAT BENGALS FORUM!

How can yiou waste 11 million dollars?

Just one last ploy to get into the Hall as far as I'm concerned. Sad how desparate people can be

Quote Originally Posted by Aceking
    Nice to see he still has the beard.

This is disapointing to me. I was hoping for a Jeff Reardon bobblehead night.
    Am I the only one that thinks he looks like an older, chunkier Aurilia in that shot?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Looks like a really off colored wig too...
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I think he kinda looks like Lou Pinella with a beard. Very sad situation. He must be in total despair from losing his child.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It looks like that his meds made him crazy. They said he only had $170 and turned himself in after realizing what he had done. I think he will get off with some probation. He definitely needs help.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

He could probably have a plausible defense if he blamed it on George Lucas:

http://www.ohiosportsfans.com
    GREAT BENGALS FORUM!

ds
    Last edited by max venable; 01-05-2007 at 11:21 AM.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...sfla-news-palm

By Missy Stoddard
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    Posted June 9 2006

Former Major League Baseball pitcher Jeff Reardon was delirious and legally insane when he walked into a Palm Beach Gardens jewelry store in December and handed over a note demanding money and jewelry, according to a court document filed Thursday.

Attorney Mitchell Beers plans to rely on a voluntary intoxication/insanity defense when defending Reardon, 50, who lives in PGA National.

Reardon had been suffering for a significant period of time from psychiatric problems -- severe depression, enormous guilt and anger -- as a result of his 20-year-old son's 2004 drug and alcohol overdose death, Beers' motion states.

On Dec. 15, less than two weeks before the incident at Hamilton Jewelers in The Gardens Mall, Reardon was released from St. Mary's Medical Center after nearly a week's stay to treat depression and suicidal thoughts, according to Beers' motion.

A week later he underwent angioplasty. On Dec. 26, authorities say Reardon passed a note to a Hamilton's employee saying that he had a gun and wanted valuables. He left the store with a bag containing $170, but apologized to an officer who stopped him in the mall parking lot, telling him that he was taking medication, according to police.

Reardon was on 12 medications that day, according to Beers' motion.

" ... His behavior was altered to the point where he acted completely out of character, irrationally, and consistent with having been in a psychotic state," Beers wrote. "Because of these prescribed medications, as well as his psychiatric history, he was incapable of forming the mental state and/or specific intent which is an essential element of the crime robbery ... "

Once known as "The Terminator," Reardon helped the Minnesota Twins win the 1987 World Series. He began his 16-season, big-league career in 1979 with the New York Mets and ended it when the New York Yankees released him in 1994. He also played for the Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds and the Montreal Expos. He's in the top 10 of the all-time saves list with 367.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Am I the only one that thinks he looks like an older, chunkier Aurilia in that shot?
    He looks like Kenny Rogers (the singer).

Have you seen Kenny Rogers lately??? Even Kenny doesnt look like Kenny anymore after all the plastic surgery he has had.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

I sure hope Jeff can find some peace. Good luck to you Jeff!
    Let's play two!!!

Turn Off Ads?