Retired

Re: Carson Palmer signs Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    looked intentional to me. :thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

looked intentional to me. :thumbdown
    I thought that orginally but looking back at replays I don't think it was. Van Ollhafan (sp?) was kind of blocked into Palmer and when he saw Palmer down he seemed upset. Unfortunate? Yes. Intentional? No.

Definitely wasn't intentional. Kimo was upset when he saw Palmer was hurt.

The Cincinnati injury jinx lives on, Kenyon Martin in C-USA tournament in 2000, now this. If by some miracle the Reds make the playoffs this season fully expect Adam Dunn to get hit in the head with a pitch in Game 1 of the divisional series and be out for the remainder of the playoffs.

I'm confident he will be back full strength regardless of the severity with today's sports medicine, surely less mobile, but he was pretty much a pocket passer anyhow.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    Definitely wasn't intentional. Kimo was upset when he saw Palmer was hurt.
    You're exactly right, and the replay shows that. He was thoroughly upset at what happened and was standing next to Palmer and pointing down out of concern for him.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Retired

I'm starting to wonder if someone upstairs hates Cincinnati sports. When Palmer went down I thought of Kenyon Martin going down in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    You're exactly right, and the replay shows that. He was thoroughly upset at what happened and was standing next to Palmer and pointing down out of concern for him.
    I think the timing of the hit is the primary problem I have with it. The ball was well gone and a dive toward the knees at that point was unnecessary. He was not pushed, he just didn't try real hard to avoid contact, the kind of hit that DLman get away with all the time---and put out QBs all the time with.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    I'm starting to wonder if someone upstairs hates Cincinnati sports. When Palmer went down I thought of Kenyon Martin going down in 2000.
    Nah 2 worst ones... the other team throwing the World Series

Ernie Lombardi having a "snooze" in the 1939 World Series

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I think the timing of the hit is the primary problem I have with it. The ball was well gone and a dive toward the knees at that point was unnecessary. He was not pushed, he just didn't try real hard to avoid contact, the kind of hit that DLman get away with all the time---and put out QBs all the time with.
    Yeah, I'm not so sure it was intentional, but he sure didn't try to avoid doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Nah 2 worst ones... the other team throwing the World Series

Ernie Lombardi having a "snooze" in the 1939 World Series
    I was thinking Greg Cook revisted.

And the Stingers folding.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

There is no God.

Well, if there is, he hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    I thought that orginally but looking back at replays I don't think it was. Van Ollhafan (sp?) was kind of blocked into Palmer and when he saw Palmer down he seemed upset. Unfortunate? Yes. Intentional? No.
    acting? I think so.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

For a Level Playing Field

acting? I think so.
    Absolutely. Kimo PURPOSELY hit Palmer low in the legs. Make no ifs, ands or buts about that. He also knew that being blocked to the ground just before the CHEAP SHOT would make it "appear" that it was simply accidental. He did not fall into Palmer, he shoved Palmer after being knocked to the ground. His momentum played no part in the contact to Palmer's legs. His zeal to knock him down "2 seconds after the throw was made" was what drove him to do it. This is better known as a CHEAP SHOT. Some are better (circumstances make it appear as an unfortunate thing and fools the refs) than others and this one was one of those.

But it is football. These things happen. I don't like it and I will forever despise Kimo, but this is what happens in a rough game. And if it had been a Bengals d-lineman doing it to Ben, I'd probably be defending that Bengals player and claiming that it was an accident. Such is the NFL!

The more I think about it, the more suspicious I get about that hit. Very convinent that this "accident" takes place on the second play. Maybe Kimo wasn't trying to destroy Palmer's knee, but it sure makes the sledding alot smoother when you don't have deal with the other teams' best player.

Is it true, as suggested elsewhere, that the Pittsburgh bench was celebrating as Palmer was carted off?

Turn Off Ads?