Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer signs Extension

Re: Carson Palmer signs Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    I'm starting to wonder if someone upstairs hates Cincinnati sports. When Palmer went down I thought of Kenyon Martin going down in 2000.
    Wow! So did I and even said as much to those I was watching with.

And, yet another perception... it didn't look to me like he was blocked into Palmer. He was crawling toward him and wrapped his arm around one leg. Any player worth his salt knows that kind of "tackle" will badly hurt someone.

There was also a costly non-call of pass interference (T.J. I think). The guy was all over him and it wasn't called; even one of the comentators mentioned it. They didn't miss it when the Bengals did it in the endzone though.

An unsportsmanlike conduct call against the Bengals for "pushing" after the player was out of bounds was also bogus, especially when the Steelers did the same thing later in the game and it wasn't called.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cheap shot from a Steeler? Not a suprise...classless team generally speaking. They cried like babies when Odell got knocked into Ben last time. I was thinking this was payback of some sort.

One thing's for sure: God hates the Bengals' and hates Bengal fans.

For a Level Playing Field

Questions:

(1) Is it illegal in the NFL to hit a QB in the knee (or below) region at ANY time?
    (2) Would people have an easier time believing that it was an accident if Kimo's right arm was not wrapped around Palmer's leg? Was it purely an accident that his arm wrapped around his leg while he was supposedly pushed into Palmer?

Answers:
    (1) YES. Does not matter when. It does matter that your arm is wrapped around the QB's lower leg which shows intent.
    (2) YES. Kimo's arm shows that the incidental b/c of the block is bunk. This one is what gets me... seems to be way too many "incidentals" in that play. Sure he might have been blocked into the QB, but did his arm accidently wrap around the QB's leg too? Not on your life. He did it on purpose. I didn't say he meant to hurt Palmer, but he defintely took a shot (at his lower leg region) while down there. The lower leg region is ILLEGAL in the NFL.

It was not an accident that Kimo purposely took a swipe at Palmer's leg. I cannot and will not accuse him of purposely tryoing to injure Plamer. That is a part of the game. But a fine is definitely in order. I do not blame the ref for not flagging it. It happened so fast and I can see a ref thinking that it was all incidental due to the speed. But replays tell the truth. No doubt about it. Kimo went for that leg.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    It was not an accident that Kimo purposely took a swipe at Palmer's leg. I cannot and will not accuse him of purposely tryoing to injure Plamer. That is a part of the game. But a fine is definitely in order. I do not blame the ref for not flagging it. It happened so fast and I can see a ref thinking that it was all incidental due to the speed. But replays tell the truth. No doubt about it. Kimo went for that leg.
    Palmer's leg is the only thing he could possibly tackle after being blocked down and in toward said leg. Kimo didn't TARGET the knee. That's what you fail to understand. In fact, until the offensive lineman blocked him down and in, he wasn't even going in that direction.

A number of things had to go terribly wrong for Palmer's knee to pop. All of it did. None of it late, negligent, or intentional.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I'm going to play conspiracy theorist here......

Steelers players and fans have made no secret that they think Odell Thurman layed a cheap shot at Ben Roethlisberger's knee in Pittsburgh in December. Look at the tape and it was actually a Steelers offensive lineman's leg that tripped Odell into Ben's knee. Nonetheless though, the Steelers believe it was a cheap shot.

Now, turn the clock forward to the playoff game. First play of the game, Palmer drops back to pass and what happens? I just find it alittle funny when the first play of the game when they thought we went for thiers in December that ours gets hurt and the popular belief is that Von Olahoffan could have pulled up before making contact......that is alittle suspicious to me.

Things that make you go hmm......
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I'm going to play conspiracy theorist here......

Steelers players and fans have made no secret that they think Odell Thurman layed a cheap shot at Ben Roethlisberger's knee in Pittsburgh in December. Look at the tape and it was actually a Steelers offensive lineman's leg that tripped Odell into Ben's knee. Nonetheless though, the Steelers believe it was a cheap shot.

Now, turn the clock forward to the playoff game. First play of the game, Palmer drops back to pass and what happens? I just find it alittle funny when the first play of the game when they thought we went for thiers in December that ours gets hurt and the popular belief is that Von Olahoffan could have pulled up before making contact......that is alittle suspicious to me.

Things that make you go hmm......
    Yes. That's exactly what happened.

The Steelers got real angry about Thurman's hit and provided great cover by having some of their players tell the press they thought it was an accident (thus contradicting Roethlisberger). After all, they knew they'd be playing Cinci in round one of the playoffs at the time.

Then they asked one of the players (Von Oehlhoffen) least likely to get to the QB to take Palmer's knee out and make it look like an accident. They knew he'd go along because Von Oehlhoffen has had multiple knee injuries in the past so he would surely know how to bust one up on purpose. And he'd be an even less likely suspect being he's one of the least "dirty" players in the NFL and has training as a professional actor.

Yeah. Makes sense. Surely.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Not saying that's what happend, Steel. I just think that Von Oehlhoffen had every chance to shy up and miss making contact. Couple that with the belief the Steelers have the Odell intentionally went for Ben's knee and it's at least something to ponder.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

A number of things had to go terribly wrong for Palmer's knee to pop. All of it did. None of it late, negligent, or intentional.
    Then why did Von Oehlhoffen wrap his arms around Palmer's leg? Reflex? He didn't hear the referee scream "ball out," which referees do on every pass play and defensive linemen are trained to hear so they can avoid late-hit penalties?

Personally, I don't think the Steelers planned to injure Palmer, and I don't think Von Oehlhoffen was trying to intentionally hurt him. But it was a late hit. Very late. It should have been a penalty.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I can't believe this is being seriously debated as being intentional.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

if that was a late hit, then i'm a Bengals fan.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Boy after 15 years of stink this season was nicer than I thought it would be, so I'll take it and forgo crying in my beer or pointing fingers.

However concerning that Pittsburgh safety (#23) I hope he gets his clock cleaned sometime next week.

But that's just me.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Boy after 15 years of stink this season was nicer than I thought it would be, so I'll take it and forgo crying in my beer or pointing fingers.

However concerning that Pittsburgh safety (#23) I hope he gets his clock cleaned sometime next week.

But that's just me.
    Amen. Nice to not just make the playoffs, but have a winning record!

I think that #23 is named Carter. I would not know for sure as he is a no-name type anyhow. If he covers half as well as he runs his mouth on the field, then he should be a lock for All-Century. He may not get his clock cleaned next weekend, but he may be chasing lots of Indy receivers who are heading for the endzone.

The thing that really pisses me off is the fact the Steelers were celebrating on the sidelines right after the play (which has been reported by numerous people at the game).

What's up with that? I can't imagine anything more pathetic than cheering about a guy that just got his knee blown out.

Oh well, it will be fun watching the Steelers get pasted up in Indy this weekend.

I'm debating on whether or not to listen to lance today on 1360. I can't imagine it will be pretty. I'm guessing a beer vendor might even get blamed for some bad things happening in the game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Well, I saw it and thought it was just an unfortunate injury.

Didn't look dirty at all to me. Things move so fast on every play in the NFL. You can't do a slow motion replay analysis and do justice to the speed and violence on every play.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?