Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Sox offer Ramirez, Clement for Tejada

Re: Report: Sox offer Ramirez, Clement for Tejada

Here is how I would see it:

Boston trades: OF Ramirez, LHP Jon Lester
    Boston receives: OF Joey Gathright, SS Miguel Tejada, OF Cliff Floyd

Baltimore trades: SS Miguel Tejeda
    Baltimore receives: SS Julio Lugo, RHP Kris Benson

NY Mets trades: RHPs Aaron Heilman, Kris Benson, OF Cliff Floyd, OF Victor Diaz
    NY Mets receives: OF Ramirez, RHP Danny Baez

Tampa Bay trades: RHP Danny Baez, SS Julio Lugo, OF Joey Gathright
    Tampa Bay receives: RHP Aaron Heilman, LHP Jon Lester, OF Victor Diaz.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

More teams I read are involved the more I think nothing at all is going to happen
    Go Gators!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Here is how I would see it:

Boston trades: OF Ramirez, LHP Jon Lester
    Boston receives: OF Joey Gathright, SS Miguel Tejada, OF Cliff Floyd

Baltimore trades: SS Miguel Tejeda
    Baltimore receives: SS Julio Lugo, RHP Kris Benson

NY Mets trades: RHPs Aaron Heilman, Kris Benson, OF Cliff Floyd, OF Victor Diaz
    NY Mets receives: OF Ramirez, RHP Danny Baez

Tampa Bay trades: RHP Danny Baez, SS Julio Lugo, OF Joey Gathright
    Tampa Bay receives: RHP Aaron Heilman, LHP Jon Lester, OF Victor Diaz.
    If I am Baltimore and thats whats on the table, I take my ball and go home.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Problem is the Red Sox create more holes than what it solves.

Frankly, I think they should send Ramirez and cash back to Cleveland for OF Coca Crisp and infielder Brandon Phillips. Then if I was the Red Sox I would look to sign OF Preston Wilson to possibly play either LF or CF...next to Crisp.
    If I was a Sox fan, I would be really pissed if they did this deal. Sure Coco can play CF, but Brandon Phillips can't even hit AAA pitching.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Best scenario:

Boston trades: Ramirez, Clement, Lester
    Boston receives: Floyd, Tejeda, Gathright.

Baltimore trades: Tejeda
    Baltimore receives: Clement, Benson and Lugo.

NY Mets trades: Floyd, Benson, Heilman and OF Diaz
    NY Mets receives: Ramirez, Baez.

Tampa Bay trades: Lugo, Gathright, Baez
    Tampa Bay receives: Heilman, Lester, Diaz
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Here's what I will guarantee you, over the next three years Manny Ramirez's average OPS will run better than 100 points ahead of Miguel Tejada's.

The club has a player in Tejada who's trying to gripe his way out of town

I'd get me the masher and the pitcher with A stuff and stop messing with the Jeromy Burnitzes of the world.
    I think this is the key thing.. that Tejada wants out. So the O's would be smart to cash him in this winter. Of course, there's no guarantee that Manny won't start whining when he arrives in Balt too.

If it weren't for Tejada wanting out, I'd be tempted to keep him over Manny though. Manny is an awesome hitter, but a horribly inconsistent defensive player because he doesn't pay attention. Tejada's production at a skill position (even though the OPS is lower) would make me want to keep him and try to upgrade the OF another way, if the complaining thing wasn't an issue.

Clement working with Mazzone is intriguing, but I have a hunch that Clement could be had pretty easily now. Boston is obviously disenchanted with him, and would probably move him pretty easily. Even the Reds might have a shot to pry him away from Boston, I'd bet.. Although I doubt DanO would be interested.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Of course, there's no guarantee that Manny won't start whining when he arrives in Balt too.
    Let's not forget, he's a 10/5 guy. He (or his wife) might veto a trade to Baltimore in the first place.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Post To Contact

Bringing this back to update the situation. The complicated four way angle with BOS, BAL, TB and NYM had basically switched to two two-team negotiations with BOS and BAL trying to hammer out the Ramirez and Clement for Tejada deal for themselves. BOS wanted OF Nick Markakis included as well, and now BAL wants more than Ramirez and Clement back (probably money). I don't know if anything happens here.

NYM had been focusing on TB as they were interested in Danys Baez, and to a lesser extent, Julio Lugo. It was thought they were close to getting Baez for Jae Seo and Kaz Matsui (with money being sent over to cover Matsui), but that's off now, as I just got word that the Mets have sent Seo and Tim Hamulack to LA for Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll. Don't think word is out to the outlets on this one yet.

If this goes through, BOS will probably get off Tejada for a while and try to get Lugo for themselves, and are allegedly willing to send Andy Marte to get it done. They may want Joey Gathright as well as Lugo for giving up Marte, we'll see. Lots of interesting stuff... you know, outside of Cincinnati.
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Mike Tyson

Post To Contact

Also, I forgot to mention that the Mets have signed Bret Boone, so they will probably let him battle with Matsui for which one gets to stay. I think the TB trade angle for NYM is probably done unless they still try to get Baez for Heilman, but I don't think they want to give him up.

Boone's contract is non-guaranteed minor league, BTW. He'll get a shot to win 2B from Kaz Matsui.
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Mike Tyson

All hail Ham-u-lack! Hail! Hail! Ham-u-lack!

Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Ya know, If Boston does deal Manny, I think they might be a great trading partner. I agree with M2 on trading Kearns, but i think Freel might be an even better fit. He's a top of the order guy that Boston fans will love. He fills Damon's shoes in CF, and if Boston keeps Clement out of the Manny trade, I think that's a good trade for both clubs. They'd demand Kearns though, and I'd be cool with that too.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    All hail Ham-u-lack! Hail! Hail! Ham-u-lack!

I'd love to have that guy as pitching coach.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Ya know, If Boston does deal Manny, I think they might be a great trading partner. I agree with M2 on trading Kearns, but i think Freel might be an even better fit. He's a top of the order guy that Boston fans will love. He fills Damon's shoes in CF, and if Boston keeps Clement out of the Manny trade, I think that's a good trade for both clubs. They'd demand Kearns though, and I'd be cool with that too.
    That makes way too much sense.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

But it's been rattling in my head for a while now. Freel to the Red Sox for either Clement or Arroyo would work for me. It would however force Bergolla into action as the 2B or cement the return or RA, but for improved pitching, I could live with either.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    But it's been rattling in my head for a while now. Freel to the Red Sox for either Clement or Arroyo would work for me. It would however force Bergolla into action as the 2B or cement the return or RA, but for improved pitching, I could live with either.
    No, it would force Womack into Second base full-time (if he is not already) and then force either Olmedo or Bergolla into full-time utility duty.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?