Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Report: Sox offer Ramirez, Clement for Tejada

Re: Report: Sox offer Ramirez, Clement for Tejada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Donkey
    Manny's agent says a trade "could still happen", but it's probably unlikely at this point. Now that I say that, watch it happen this weekend. Things can change so quickly in baseball. Anyways, with BOS and CHC probably not going for Tejada, at least with the intensity they once had, a couple more suitors have stepped to the forefront: DET and PHI.

The PHI talk picked up pretty well in the very early morning hours, as it was reported that the O's were interested in Bobby Abreu, who PHI has no problem trading for the "right guy", and that BAL would also want a pretty good young pitcher back. I don't think PHI gives up Cole Hamels or Ryan Madson, but if BAL likes the Tejeda kid that did alright for PHI last year, or Gavin Floyd, who's not quite as highly regarded as he once was, then maybe something could be worked out here.

DET is interesting, because it seems they're always in on top-level free agents, and get to be "finalists" in some of the bigger trade rumors, but rarely land their man. DET actually has a fair wealth of young pitching, and I heard it said they'd probably be willing to give up Carlos Guillen and a young pitcher or two for Tejada. I think this is quite risky for DET, Tejada may be the type to immediately demand a trade out of there... you know, like he has just done with BAL. I certainly wouldn't give up Carlos Guillen, Nate Robertson and Justin Verlander for him (as I heard somebody speculate this morning) but maybe that's just me. And I seriously doubt DET would offer that up, as desperate as they may be for a "star level" player, and more power in their lineup.

Just a couple interesting notes to put in there this morning, this has been a pretty good story the last couple of weeks.
    Question is whether Tejada is willing to play third base for the Phillies. I don't see the Phillies trading Hammels or Floyd, but if the Orioles are willing to take Tejeda or Madison with Abreu for Tejada, I could see it happening.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Report: Sox offer Ramirez, Clement for Tejada

Poor Detroit. Providing Baseball Ineptness Since 1984.

Nice ballpark there in the Motor City. They can't seem to get it going there.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?