Hopefully the Reds will turn it around come Opening Day and turn it on. But on the surface, it could look like a long season. So, ole Krusty has 10 predictions that he see happening this season:
1. Barry Larkin will go on the DL at least twice this season and we will see the shortstop mantle slowly passed to Gookie Dawkins, who will bounce back from a knee injury that has hampered him the past two years.
2. Come the second half of the season, the Reds will promote Howington, Aramboles and Reith as the veterans do not pan out.
3. Juan Encarncion will do a serviceable job but nothing spectacular. Kearns will be the everyday RF come the second half of the season.
4. Ken Griffey, Jr. will answer his critics and put up numbers similar to when he was a Mariner.
5. Adam Dunn will struggle at different points this season but will still manage a .250-.260 average with 30 HRs and 90 RBIs.
6. Sean Casey will have a breakout season.
7. Aaron Boone will have an injury-free season and put to rest any rumors about going after Scott Rolen. This will lead to a four-year contract extension.
8. Chris Reitsma will win 12+ games.
9. Bob Boone's option for a third season will not be extended after the season.
10. And finally, this team will finish with an 83-79 record depending on health. <img border="0" alt="[Pimpin]" title="" src="graemlins/pimp.gif" />