Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible trade idea

Possible trade idea

The Braves at one point were really interested in Kearns. Do any of you think the Braves would do a trade of Kearns for former Red Chris Reitsma? I think that would also solve our closer problem, plus I never liked it when they got rid of him in the first place. I know that opens up 1st base again, but they also have a promising young 1st baseman in their system named James Jurries, I think they say he had 25 hr between Greenville and Richmond last year. Any suggestions on what we would have to give up to get both of them?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Possible trade idea

The Reds have bigger worries at this point than closer. They need two starting who can bloom into what Harang was last year. They need a CF who can cover some ground. They need a viable replacement for the two catchers on the roster. They need a 2B who can take over for Freel in a year or two.

With as few trading chips as they have, the Reds need to get the biggest bang for their buck in any trade.

Quote Originally Posted by nc redsfan
    The Braves at one point were really interested in Kearns. Do any of you think the Braves would do a trade of Kearns for former Red Chris Reitsma? I think that would also solve our closer problem, plus I never liked it when they got rid of him in the first place. I know that opens up 1st base again, but they also have a promising young 1st baseman in their system named James Jurries, I think they say he had 25 hr between Greenville and Richmond last year. Any suggestions on what we would have to give up to get both of them?
    Braves have several young outfielders so I don't see a fit there.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Nothing against Reitsma, but when I think of the Reds trading Reitsma for Bong and Bubba Nelson, then turning around and trading Kearns for Reitsma, well, sorry. I can't finish the sentence.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe
    Nothing against Reitsma, but when I think of the Reds trading Reitsma for Bong and Bubba Nelson, then turning around and trading Kearns for Reitsma, well, sorry. I can't finish the sentence.

amen for that. if DAN O. made that trade i would be done with the reds. nothing against reitsma though.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

No.

Kearns shhould fetch more than an average middle reliver.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I've got a better idea.

How bout we trade Bong and Nelson for Reitsma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    I've got a better idea.

How bout we trade Bong and Nelson for Reitsma.
    No one would be dumb enough to do that, Reitsma has more value than that
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    No one would be dumb enough to do that
    You're right, that suggestion is just plain stupid. I shall , until forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    You're right, that suggestion is just plain stupid. I shall , until forgiven.
    Well, you should! Thats like trading not only Sean Casey, but Sean Casey plus money for Dave Williams or someone equally bad. General Managers are professionals and don't do dumb trades like fantasy baseball GM's.

Get with the program RC!
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    General Managers are professionals and don't do dumb trades like fantasy baseball GM's.

Get with the program RC!
    I'm kinda slow but I think I'm catchin on.

I musta killed two manny brane sells in my yute. :all_cohol

- - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Here's one I thought of today while listening to my brand new XM RADIO!!! Oh, sorry, still love it so much it's like crack!

Okay, what about the McPherson from LAA for Kearns or Pena? Here's is why...McPherson is going to be a stud, was injured last year and the year before had some injuries and he hits like a monster...plus he is considered an above average fielder.

Just a thought.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    Here's one I thought of today while listening to my brand new XM RADIO!!! Oh, sorry, still love it so much it's like crack!

Okay, what about the McPherson from LAA for Kearns or Pena? Here's is why...McPherson is going to be a stud, was injured last year and the year before had some injuries and he hits like a monster...plus he is considered an above average fielder.

Just a thought.
    As much as I think McPherson is gonna be good, I don't trade Kearns or Pena for anything other than pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    As much as I think McPherson is gonna be good, I don't trade Kearns or Pena for anything other than pitching.
    I agree with you but I am wondering if we are not going to realize the full value of either of those guys if they do not get a change of scenery.

Same with McPherson...will the Reds be able to get as much value with Kearns or Pena as they will from McPherson if he comes here for a year and blows up?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?