Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus Blue Jackets

What is wrong with us? We should be doing awesome, especially with the likes of a little kid named Rick Nash, but what is wrong with us? We blow a 2-0 lead and can't score again, and end up losing 5-2.......... I'm sorry to say but that is like my schools J.V. baseball team, (except we would be winning 3-0 and end up losing 22-3) will someone help me out with this?
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Columbus Blue Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    What is wrong with us? We should be doing awesome, especially with the likes of a little kid named Rick Nash, but what is wrong with us? We blow a 2-0 lead and can't score again, and end up losing 5-2.......... I'm sorry to say but that is like my schools J.V. baseball team, (except we would be winning 3-0 and end up losing 22-3) will someone help me out with this?
    The game demands depth and the Jackets don't have it, they have weak offense and Sergio is known for his scoring, but really is a better playmaker and defensive forward than a scorer at this point in his career, a better fit for a better team IMO. The team is only 2 lines deep, lacks overall team speed and and have no point man on defense for the PP, plus their top defensemen has been hurt alot and that is death.

No forecheck against the Wings and you die, especially if you hand them PP opps.

One thing of note about that score the Wings hadn't played in 3 nights and the BJ's the night before, the Wings often start slow and then strike when the game plan is a bit clearer, plus they take advantage of those PP almost all the time.

I wouldn'y fret losing to the Wings, but I'd sweat the losses to teams like the Blues or others of that ilk.

got alil captain in u?

as a guy who lives in the area near pittsburgh i kno the struggles of a hockey club u have rick nash they have sidney crosby but the veterans they signed have stunk goaltending stinks defensemen who can't defend

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    goaltending stinks
    I've been saying this for a long time that we need better goaltenders, Denis has his flashes of....well not greatness, but close, like when he had stopped somthing like 52 shots and still lost, we need more scorers on this team, but for right now this is what i've been doing all season long.........
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    I've been saying this for a long time that we need better goaltenders, Denis has his flashes of....well not greatness, but close, like when he had stopped somthing like 52 shots and still lost, we need more scorers on this team, but for right now this is what i've been doing all season long.........
    It's not the goldtending, it's the defense and the offense. The Jackets are last in PPG and PPG %, they are at the top of PPG allowed and Total Shots allowed. They have no offense to make up for the beating their defense takes. Without any offense from your defense (BJ's top scoring D man is #35 in the NHL for Defensemen) they will key on your forwards, snuffing opportunities and forcing the PP to make up for the offense's lack of teeth.

Honestly, you know i CAN'T be a bandwagon fan, i am a Cincy Reds fan, CBJ fan, Miami Dolphins fan..... the only team that is good that i like is OSU, and right now there is about 2 hrs until we see some fighting irish blood!!
    Let's make some noise!

I was watching the BJ's play last night and boy are they not very deep. I think that's where your main problem can be found. The Defense wasn't deepa dn the offense wasn't either. They lead the league in players who have taken the ice with 38... that's sick, most good teams at this point will have had 22-24.

Until they establish some depth and reduce the amount of shots their goalies see it's going to be a hard road.

They really sold that the team was close to the fans this past fall, very Reds like.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    They lead the league in players who have taken the ice with 38... that's sick, most good teams at this point will have had 22-24.
    In a round about way that is kinda like the reds the 2nd half of the last 2 seasons..........
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?