Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto Is Starting to Heat Up

Joey Votto Is Starting to Heat Up

10hr's 55rbi's, plate discpline is coming around, if he finishes the season strong his first should be forgotten.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Votto Is Starting to Heat Up

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever
    10hr's 55rbi's, plate discpline is coming around, if he finishes the season strong his first should be forgotten.

i would like to see him at AAA somtime next season. he has alot of upside and could be the reds starting first baseman in the next 3 seasons.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    i would like to see him at AAA somtime next season. he has alot of upside and could be the reds starting first baseman in the next 3 seasons.
    I hope he does well, but I would like to see Dunn as the everyday 1st baseman for the next 10 years.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I hope he does well, but I would like to see Dunn as the everyday 1st baseman for the next 10 years.
    i just have the gut feeling that kearns is down at AAA to play everyday untill they trade dunn. i believe if that happens the front office will keep casey around long enough untill votto is ready.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Well.... he's not coming on real strong. One week ago he was also hitting .260, so he's just holding his own (as opposed to Perez who raised his average 15 points in the same time frame)

But he did homer twice in that period, so it will be interesting to see if that is a trend. He hit 19 last year, so it seems both his average and power numbers will be down for the season unless he really goes crazy.

There is no way Votto will START in AAA next year. There is a 1b vaccum at AA so he'll start there next year. He really needs to step it up if he is going to be the Reds 1b of the future.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed
    Well.... he's not coming on real strong. One week ago he was also hitting .260, so he's just holding his own (as opposed to Perez who raised his average 15 points in the same time frame)

But he did homer twice in that period, so it will be interesting to see if that is a trend. He hit 19 last year, so it seems both his average and power numbers will be down for the season unless he really goes crazy.

There is no way Votto will START in AAA next year. There is a 1b vaccum at AA so he'll start there next year. He really needs to step it up if he is going to be the Reds 1b of the future.
    I agree that Votto's got to do A LOT better if he's going to be a viable option at 1B in a few years.

Though you're batting average fascination remains a bafflement. Who cares if Miguel Perez raised his BA 15 points? Sure, it's better than nothing, but he's still a Judy hitter with no eye. It's the difference between largely worthless at the plate and completely worthless at the place (which is where Perez will head back to when he cools off).

A batting average bump for Votto obviously would net more significant returns, but he's still only got a .246 secondary average, which is way down for him. He's struggling across the board.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

i thought votto should have started in AA this season, but i hope he finishes strong, and puts together some good overall numbers.

Votto kind of reminds me of Broussard. I hope I'm wrong. Broussard isn't terrible though.

Quote Originally Posted by redsandrails
    Votto kind of reminds me of Broussard. I hope I'm wrong. Broussard isn't terrible though.
    He's starting to remind me of Bender too - running hot and cold in the minors, power that's all right but never seems to take that big leap forward. Though, to be fair, Votto's only 21 and his power might be two or three years off.

Yeah..... Broussard was a lot older. He was in AA when he should have been in AAA or majors IIRC.

i wanted to bump this up again. is there any chance we might see votto up here this season?

Not unless he really explodes in AA and AAA.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...pbp&pid=458015
    Go Gators!

Our season would really have to be in dumps. But I don't believe so, really took a step back last season.

Take a look at the off years Austin Kearns and Kal Daniels had in single A when they were coming up. I'm hoping it was a similar detour for Votto. All signs had been pointing to the kid being good.

lollipop, interesting use of Austin Kearns and Kal Daniels in the same sentence.

Turn Off Ads?