Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes Could Be In Store For 2006 Reds (1/1/06)

Re: Changes Could Be In Store For 2006 Reds (1/1/06)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    What good are groceries if you spend each winter eating turnips and rubbing the stump where your leg used to be?
    Uh, what are you talking about?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis

Standing in line for 3 hours and being offered the last 3 lbs of jumbo shrimp on sale for $7.99/lb and realizing you forgot your Kroger Plus card at home?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

You keep giving O'Brien a free pass as he sorts through the garbage and holds onto everyone like they are the second coming. The Reds are on the 3rd year of poor managment at the GM level, O'Brien has attacked the Reds problems with the same gusto the 3 Stooges attacked a plumbing job.

Yes, we all know the Reds have managers who hired O'Brien, yes we know the Reds are going through a ownership transfer at this very moment.

We all know that Dan O'Brien hasn't done a thing in the 900 days that he's had the job to get a free pass, yet everyday we're asked to.

That's just not going to happen.

You keep giving O'Brien a free pass as he sorts through the garbage and holds onto everyone like they are the second coming. The Reds are on the 3rd year of poor managment at the GM level, O'Brien has attacked the Reds problems with the same gusto the 3 Stooges attacked a plumbing job.

Yes, we all know the Reds have managers who hired O'Brien, yes we know the Reds are going through a ownership transfer at this very moment.

We all know that Dan O'Brien hasn't done a thing in the 900 days that he's had the job to get a free pass, yet everyday we're asked to.

That's just not going to happen.
    No,no,no. You misunderstand me. The upper management is where it STARTS. When DanO does leave, they have to hire the replacements. Somebody has to be in the position(upper management) to do that. That is the key hire. Because they lay the cement.

The truth is, this offseason essentially did what it set out to do. Keep the young talent intact and move on. Why the lay fan may not like the short term consquences, the end result is no big blunders by the lame duck admin. In otherwords, patience, patience. Everything you want to happen WILL happen. O'brien is just another part that will be replaced.

But I tell you this, in "attacking" the problem, we may have to level the house and re-cement the foundation. That will be a ugly job and more losing will be the result of it.

O'Brien has attacked the Reds problems with the same gusto the 3 Stooges attacked a plumbing job.
    I had this mental image of light fixtures exploding if I flush a toilet at GABP this year.

O'Brien has been active this winter

Only if compared to this guy

Last edited by traderumor; 01-03-2006 at 04:46 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

But I tell you this, in "attacking" the problem, we may have to level the house and re-cement the foundation. That will be a ugly job and more losing will be the result of it.
    IMHO - this was something that should have been fixed after the 2000 season.

This year is already done, IMO.

2007 should be the upswing.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    I had this mental image of light fixtures exploding if I flush a toilet at GABP this year.
    I was thinking of pitchers all lying on their sides, running in circles.
    Whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2B will be Womack.

Depression.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    2B will be Womack.

Depression.
    2B and leading off...

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    2B will be Womack.

Depression.
    What about Freel?
    Let's make some noise!

Freel will be on the bench.
    Go Gators!

I don't think Sheldon has seen enough of the REDS to do that article. MLB should have got Castrovince to do it. A couple of mistakes/things that he should have known.

1. Freel won't be the starting 2B as, in no real order, the REDS signed Womack, signed Freel and announced him as the utility player, both Narron and Mann have indicated that Freel cannot be a starter as he puts too much wear and tear on his body.

2. Coffey is not the closer as last year and if the REDS don't sign an established closer as it will this year be a closer by committee.

3. How do you classify Casey as being "high octane" offense.

Off the cuff here - and I'm not sure of the salaries & perks, etc. But if Marc Lancaster leaves the Post after they "dissolve" - I would hope that Marc could get that job as the main writer of reds.com

I know this keeps the "Bank President" at the Enquirer.

Or Lancaster can come North and take over for Hal McCoy when he retires. Doesn't matter to me - as long as he covers Redleg Baseball.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone

O'Brien has been active this winter attempting to overhaul a rotation that was the worst in the National League in 2005.

Expect O'Brien to explore the thin free agent market in the coming weeks to land another front-line starter.
    These are the two quotes that made me shake my head. O'Brien has been active???? I must have missed that. Adding Dave Williams doesn't exactly qualify as overhauling a rotation.

And.....what remaining free agent is a front-line starter???

Turn Off Ads?