Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can baseball caps get any more outrageous?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Can baseball caps get any more outrageous?

I used to have a red white sox hat circa 71-75.

People used to make fun of me like I screwed up when I bought it but I was a big Frank Thomas fan and liked that hat specifically.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post

People used to make fun of me like I screwed up when I bought it but I was a big Frank Thomas fan and liked that hat specifically.

No, people made fun of you because it wouldn't fit your bee-bee sized head.

seriously though, that was a cool cap.
    Witty signature.

Yes...i get the same type of response....so i take it off and show the years on the inside bill.

Usually it's guys in their 20's.....who as we know ...anyone in their 20's really is not much for checking any history beyond the last few years.

Ahh, yes..... Dick Allen, Bill Melton, Walt "No Neck" Williams, Carlos May, Wilbur Wood, Goose Gossage all wore that cap!

Don't forget Buddy Bradford......the 70's version of Dewayne Wise...Mike Kelly and Jason Romano.

Or Bucky Dent and Jerry Hairston. How about Luis Alvarado? Where's Mike De La Hoz when we need him?

I wish the Sox would go back to that color scheme or to the old blue based scheme. I can't say I've ever been a fan of the black for that team. I generally think that only one or two team in a league should have black as a primary color of their uniforms.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Check out this site for some interesting takes on uniforms. Check out the March 31 entry. I particularly like the ideas for the Marlins and the Angels.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com.php4-3.websitetestlink.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sonny
    No, people made fun of you because it wouldn't fit your bee-bee sized head.

seriously though, that was a cool cap.
    Nothing a little rolled up Bounty behind the bill couldnt solve.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Nothing a little rolled up Bounty behind the bill couldnt solve.
    Ha! I totally forgot about that one! Jolly good show!
    Witty signature.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Check out this site for some interesting takes on uniforms. Check out the March 31 entry. I particularly like the ideas for the Marlins and the Angels.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com.php4-3.websitetestlink.com/
    Both of those two teams should immediately look into adopting those uniforms. Going to USC Colors would be an inspired move for the Angels, and the Marlins new logo (and accompanying U of M color scheme) is pretty solid as well.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I liked several of his alternatives, including the red on the Braves' unis, but yeah, those two were the best, especially the Angels. I was disappointed, though, not to see anything for the Rockies, who have, imho, the ugliest uniforms in baseball. Is there something in the archives, maybe?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I dont know what it is but i went to LIDZ last night to check out a new hat and my head is still 6 3/4 W-T-H

I always liked the Carps look.....almost better than the Reds look before they went back to the more traditional look last year.

It looks spot on like a middle to late 60's Reds uniform.

The new look.....the hat looks like the late 60's Indians hats......Red with the blue C....which some people think is a Bears hat......beacuse I have that hat and wear it (It is a New Era hat.....not the American Needle one....so it is bigger....without the bent bill)....some people ask me or just start talking about the Bears when i wear it.

I like the New Era ones better beacuse they look more like the original but the bill is too straight....and the hat...even when it's your size (Mine is 7 1/2 or 7 5/8...depends on how much hair i have on my head)...it still looks oversized and has that stupid Kevin Federline look to it.

Turn Off Ads?