Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can baseball caps get any more outrageous?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Can baseball caps get any more outrageous?

The southward pointing arrow with Enter Here printed above it was a baaaaaaaad choice.
    That would depend on wheter you meant it or not, too...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I kinda like the Reds hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    That will still be better than my lower back tattoo.

The southward pointing arrow with Enter Here printed above it was a baaaaaaaad choice.

Or Elmer Fudd saying "come out of that hole you wrascally wrabbit!"
    School's out. What did you expect?

I've never been a big fan of the monochrome MLB caps and the other weird stuff, but the ones at the site below are interesting to look at, if nothing else...

http://www.ecapcity.com/goods_list.php?cid=386

There is no "next page" arrow at the bottom of the page, so you'll have to click on the individual page numbers.

In some cases the colors are easily recognizable as the scheme of other current and historical teams, just used with the wrong logo...

...while others are just strange...

I need to say that I hate how nearly every guy at my college (and I imagine nearly every high school/college) has multiple baseball caps that they alternate routinely. If the hats had ANYTHING but a team's logo on it I wouldn't mind, but damn man wearing a hat is supposed to show your fandom for your team, not just because you think their logo looks cool.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I can only hope they have a Reds hat in Dodger blue!

<grumble>
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post

<grumble>
    I saw one yesterday. It's blue, and has Cincy on it, with the Reds C at the end. It's horrible.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post

<grumble>
    I hear you can get those out west -- but from what I've heard, you show your support for a different kind of "team" when you wear it.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I hear you can get those out west -- but from what I've heard, you show your support for a different kind of "team" when you wear it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I need to say that I hate how nearly every guy at my college (and I imagine nearly every high school/college) has multiple baseball caps that they alternate routinely. If the hats had ANYTHING but a team's logo on it I wouldn't mind, but damn man wearing a hat is supposed to show your fandom for your team, not just because you think their logo looks cool.
    Yea, I saw a guy wearing a Reds cap a month or so ago and asked what he thought about Volquez. When he gave me a confused look, I pointed out that he was wearing a Cincinnati Reds cap. He looked truly shocked and said, "Really? I thought it was a red Cubs hat..."

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Yea, I saw a guy wearing a Reds cap a month or so ago and asked what he thought about Volquez. When he gave me a confused look, I pointed out that he was wearing a Cincinnati Reds cap. He looked truly shocked and said, "Really? I thought it was a red Cubs hat..."
    Well, he was close...

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2872121

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I've always had this strange, unexplainable dislike of people wearing red baseball hats from teams that don't wear red hats...

Completely unexplainable...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Ok... that was blasphemous...

The White Sox...had the all blue caps in the late 60's early 70's and then went to the Red cap in the middle 70's....but kept the same SOX lettering ...they looked like those hats that you think were made to look like someone else's team colors as well.

When i wear the blue or red Sox cap.....people don't really believe that they were hats worn by those teams during a certain period of time.

Turn Off Ads?