Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Clark

Haven't had any input on this post for awhile, felt kind of obligated
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Team Clark
    5,000 Wow! Whoda thunk it?

Lets go for 6000!

How did this thread get to the second page?? Come on people, we have to get to 6000!!!!

Team Clark
    Talk about burning bridges! The Reds could have made a deal that would have brought Brett Tomko back over the winter.

San Diego GM Kevin Towers had been brokering a deal in Mid January with Reds GM Jim Bowden in an attempt to land both Juan Encarnacion and Hector Mercado. The Reds had asked for prospect Ben Howard and former Red Brett Tomko in return.

Talks quickly ended when Reds Pitching coach Don Gullett was made aware that his former pupil might return to Cincinnati. Gullett flatly refused to work with Tomko again.

One other Reds source told me the deal was also cut short when the Padres asked for another prized prospect if Howard were to be included in any deal. The prospect was believed to be Ty Howington.

<small>[ 04-27-2002, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Team Clark ]</small>

I know Tomko has pitched well, but I am glad that the Reds didn't get him back...

Arizona...home of the 2001 WS Champion Diamondbacks
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by IBCK40:
    <strong>thanks redhot.. i bet that makes his day.. anyway what you wrote made me think... if the expos are in the hunt late in the season, watch for Selig to call a strike so that he has an excuse to fold them.....

Hope your having a great day

Go REds!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I should be at the Sidewinders game on Monday so I'll try to talk to Micah before the game and pass along your message to him Oh, I cannot stand Butt Selig at all...that guy is as ruthless as Mrs. Phelps from the Major League movies LMAO I love the idea of the cardboard Selig cut-out...each game the Expos win, they can rip a section of him up LOL Another idea? They can use his face for a dart board LOL I certainly hope they do NOT go on strike...I don't think I could go through that again...I love baseball way too much to endure that heartbreak again!!!
    A Penny for my thoughts=BRAD

"Come on ride the Train...Ride It...Come on ride the train...the D-Train"...Dontrelle Willis and the Boys...swimmin' their way to another World Series Championship...I love Brad Penny...always and forever <3

Darryl Andrew Kile--12/2/68-6/22/02
    "Mr. GQ...you are be sorely missed!!!"

Tomko was in his own world when he was here.. the only time he pitched with fire was the game rigth after he was brought back up from AAA. he pitched with determination and wasn't being nick-picky like he always seemed to pitch.. what i always remeber was the interview after that great game .. he said he wasnt pitching any different than before.. I am not a pro scout, but i can tell when a pitcher isnt trying to be dominate and he was different that game...(AKA like Acevedo wasn't against the Astros). I was at that game and he wasnt foolng anyone and just throwing batting practice and trying to pitch around.. whe Rijo gave up that 3rd homer to Berkman, he had a fire in his look.. and was really aggresive after that mistake... So I am also glad Tomko didnt come back....

Redhot.. thanks again and hope it puts a smile on his face.. I bet your sad now that Boone is now going to be off the market....

Anyways i hope you had a great weekend.. I did, I saw Rijo pitch!!!!!!

I have nothing to add at this time, but I wanted to move this to the TOP
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Arizona...home of the 2001 WS Champion Diamondbacks
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by IBCK40:
    <strong>

Redhot.. thanks again and hope it puts a smile on his face.. I bet your sad now that Boone is now going to be off the market....

Anyways i hope you had a great weekend.. I did, I saw Rijo pitch!!!!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey IBCK

Sad does not even begin to describe how I feel about the news of Booney being engaged...but alas, there are other men in the sea...That's great that you got to see Rijo pitch...I bet that was awesome

I spent some of my weekend watching the Marlins and Diamondbacks play each other...I am a fan of not only the DBacks, but of Brad Penny, Andy Fox, and Ryan Dempster of the Marlins, so that series didn't matter to me as to who won. I spent the rest of my weekend working and turning into a total Starbucks-aholic LOL
    A Penny for my thoughts=BRAD

"Come on ride the Train...Ride It...Come on ride the train...the D-Train"...Dontrelle Willis and the Boys...swimmin' their way to another World Series Championship...I love Brad Penny...always and forever <3

Darryl Andrew Kile--12/2/68-6/22/02
    "Mr. GQ...you are be sorely missed!!!"

TeamClark!

Are we correct in our assessment of soon-to-be Mrs. Boone?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Team Clark
    Yes indeed. I did not ask Aaron about her. (not yet) However, after viewing the pictures of her, posted here, earlier I quickly realized she was the girl I couldn't take my eyes of in the stands. I came down to the stands and sat with Paul Pierson (Reds Scout). We were mesmorized. I still feel I am under a spell. Aaron you dawg! God Luv ya!

With Boone engaged to marry her, maybe this will help the attendance problem at the ballpark. Heck, John Allen would have her sitting in prime box seats for an extra drawing attraction if he had too.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Recall when Heffner brought his gals to the game at Dodger Stadium last year?? I wonder if thats when Booney met her.

Krusty, LOL!

Well watching Rijo was a super oportunity to be apart of his rturn to the mound here in Cincy.. it gave me thrills just watching how the fans reacted to him.. he loved it and said he wanted to pitch here forever....I cant wait till his next game here...

Also Team Clark, if you see my post about Bowden talking to Jeff Shaw's agent again. I posted a opic about that and it was mentioned that in Cleveland, it was asked who it would take to get Bartolo Colon..and it was said Juan Encarnicion and Danny Graves..hmmmmm could his be why Bowden talked to Shaw's agent again???
    please provide any details.. you know us redzoners love to know the gossip..

thanks agin TC.. it makes it real interesting reading when you can hear whats going on behind the scenes..
    Also TC.. Since Pete Rose can't be here because of Selig, at the last game at Riverfront ( hate the new name), as i am hoping they suprise the fans with the Big Red Machine introduced at each base before the National Anthem and have them wearing the old Reds Jerseys..Ask John Allen if the Reds let Pete Rose Jr wear the uniform with Rose 14 on him and have them introduce like this "Representing Charlie Hustle, his son Pete Rose Jr."... I bet that would rock the house....and that would be a loophole to gte away with it!!! just a thought and see what he says...I am sure Larkin would love it..

Turn Off Ads?