Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Clark

That was completly uncalled for Pokey, especially when you have no idea what you are talking about. Before you make a fool of yourself you should try to do a little research first.

Keep rolling TC, its appreciated by 99 percent of the people here.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.- Stan Helsing

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I, for one, enjoy Team Clark's input to the board. As fans, we're not going to agree on 100% of the issues facing the team, but as TC gives his insights, it helps us make better informed opinions.

Now, earlier in the thread TC asked about Bob Boone. My feeling is that Boone has done Ok with the cards he has been dealt. Last year, he had to field a team with injuries to some of his major talents. PLUS, he is at the mercy of an impulsive GM, who, depending on his mood, may demote today's starting pitcher, or tomorrow's staring 2B to the minors. Boone could walk into the clubhouse Tuesday night and find half the team has changed without his knowledge. And like a good company man, Boone will publically excuse JimBo's actions, citing that it was a group decision made by all the "minds" that oversee the team. Boone has done OK.

What troubled me more than anything were the reports coming out of spring training where Jim LeFavre(sp) would work with the hitters and tell them one thing and then Boone and Knight would coach the players to do something else. So I guess what I am wondering is are the coaches working together better, or is LeFarve(sp) being left out of the loop?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

PokeyReeseSuPeRsTaR
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did I say I had more readers than the Enquirer??? ... No. I said we were closing in on the Enquirer. I named the Post and DDN. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm sorry. I was laughing so hard that tears were clouding my vision.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">See you just do not read. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, I guess that makes two things I don't read... the other being your columns since I've never heard of you or your rather obscure website.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Here are the links to the DDN and CINCINNATI Post's statistics through Sept, 2001. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So where is the proof that your columns "are read by more people than those that read the Dayton Daily News and Cincinnati Post COMBINED. (Closing in on the Enquirer too)"?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Team Clark:
    <strong>GL... you are probably right. I'll try that. We need to hook up for a few Dragons games...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PM'ed you.

GL

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PokeyReeseSuPeRsTaR:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did I say I had more readers than the Enquirer??? ... No. I said we were closing in on the Enquirer. I named the Post and DDN. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm sorry. I was laughing so hard that tears were clouding my vision.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">See you just do not read. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, I guess that makes two things I don't read... the other being your columns since I've never heard of you or your rather obscure website.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Here are the links to the DDN and CINCINNATI Post's statistics through Sept, 2001. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So where is the proof that your columns "are read by more people than those that read the Dayton Daily News and Cincinnati Post COMBINED. (Closing in on the Enquirer too)"?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll just quote this whole thing, since I'm hoping it will stop. As far as I'm concerned, this thread was resolved fairly well. I was proud that the participants found some middle ground. I'll simply request that you not egg it on.

Team Clark ..... please don't respond any further. Just know that you have some folks that enjoy your input and some folks that don't. I think the majority do.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Team Tuck
    TC - Just wanted to provide my perspective. I think the thing that bothers some is that in defending your argument, you point out that you're an insider, that you were there, that the other poster couldn't possibly be as informed as you are. Here's how I view your inside status. Personally, I don't care about soap opera type info., the off the field junk - who said what about who, how Jimbo reacted in the clubhouse, how the other players reacted to Acevado's demotion, who likes or dislikes who, etc. I know, I know - a lot of fans really get into that kind of stuff. For whatever reason, I don't. I don't even respect most player's opinions - some aren't all that bright, and many of them are blinded by their egos. I also don't have that much respect for journalists - do they know more about baseball than I do?? Some do (Chris Welsh), but many don't (Marty/Hal). As good as Marty is as a baseball announcer, his opinions are often-times off base. Hal McCoy - same thing.

I'm a fan of the game - I enjoy talking about the game itself. Evaluating gm decisions, how a gm can get the most bang for his buck, how a manager approached a certain game, lineups, whether or not a certain player is producing, stats, etc. In that respect, you're no more informed or insightful than anybody else. That's what irritates me about the irrelevant question/answer sessions about the soap opera behind the scenes. Not saying it's your fault, but that's how I perceive it. Some on here act as if they worship you because you know the players. Sorry, I don't. I come here to read and talk baseball, not gossip columns. When you provide the inside scoop, some will like it. Some won't. That comes with the territory.

I don't think anyone on here "worships" Team Clark because he knows the players. I like him because he is nice enough to come on here and give us information about the team that we normally wouldn't have any chance of getting by ourselves. It is great when you can have any question you have about your team answered. Not to mention the fact that he is one of the nicest and most accomodating people on the board.

I have really had enough of this discussion. If you don't like Team Clark or the insight that he provides, THEN DON'T READ WHAT HE HAS TO SAY.

<small>[ 04-21-2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: letsgojunior ]</small>

I haven't really picked up on what Team Clark is doing exactly, but I have picked up that he is either working in the organization or working side by side with it.

Team Clark, what exactly are you doing? Thanks for all the info you are able to provide us.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    Anyone who knows me knows I only associate with STARS. Nobodies aren't invited.

See my Trade Scorecards on Baseball Pressbox? That should tell you something, huh?

Yeah.

Thanks, Team Clark, for bankrolling my vacation home.

Team Tuck
    lgj - you're on the biggest worshipers around.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Team Tuck:
    <strong>lgj - you're on the biggest worshipers around.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sava, this statement is getting a bit out of line, don't you think?

And for the record, I don't worship TeamClark (and I don't believe that anyone else around here does either). However, I do consider him a good friend and have a great deal of respect for him. I, as well as many others, appreciate the fact that he is willing to share the information the he does with us.

I suggest that if anyone doesn't like TeamClark's posts, don't respond to them. I'm getting tired of the TeamClark bashing that's taking place. You don't have to like what he posts, but at least have the decency to show him the same amount of respect that he and everyone else is entitled to.

<small>[ 04-22-2002, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Larkin Fan ]</small>

First of all, not responding is not always a good choice. If the US had 'not responded' to Hitler we might all be speaking Deutsch. That may seem an absurd example but it was a position taken by most 'isolationists' of that era.

Secondly, Team Clark states that BP has 280,000 readers (expanding to 400-450K in season). Then he gives ABC links for circulation of the various Ohio newspapers. Question(s):
    (A) Are the BP readership numbers audited? Actual readership of newspapers is greater than the circulation numbers due to 'pass along' readership.
    (B) Is BP readership paid circulation like the ABC figures cited?
    (C) The ABC figures don't include (as far as I can tell) hits on their websites. I would guess that including website 'hit's' would greatly expand their 'readership'. That would be significant if BP is a website only.

Just asking.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

There is much I want to say, but won't for fear of dragging this thread on longer than it already has.
    If anyone had questions about TC's credibility, I hope they were answered.
    To those of you who read everything he writes as gospel truth - don't. I'm not trying to say that he makes this stuff up, just that everything he is told may not necessarily be true. Heck, half the time the players aren't told the truth, why would a reporter be any different?
    I can understand, and appreciate many of your criticisms and scepticism regarding TC; especially considering the relative annonymity that the internet provides. However, some of the personal swings taken at him in this thread were uncalled for.
    I guess this just boils down to if you think his contributions make the RedsZone a better place. I, for one, think they do and will continue to read, albeit with a grain of salt, the things he writes. If you happen to dissagree, just pass over his posts and your problem is solved.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by remdog:
    <strong>First of all, not responding is not always a good choice. If the US had 'not responded' to Hitler we might all be speaking Deutsch. That may seem an absurd example but it was a position taken by most 'isolationists' of that era.
    Rem</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well there's a fair comparison if I ever saw one.

One thing that has irked me the most is people complaining about Team CLark "always talking about his inside sources"
    I honestly don't see it. Sometimes he just posts his opinion as a fan, and other times, when he has news to share, he tells us where he got it from, that's called being a reporter.

If I was to post that the Reds announced Ken Griffey Jr. is out for the season, wouldn't you want to know where I got the information? without that, my input is worthless from an information vantage point, it's back to being just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I'm just wondering if this thread will make 3000 views.

Anyway, TCII is a good guy. Yes, I have met him.

That's all.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?