Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Curious to hear what other college football fans think about this...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Worth The Wait

Curious to hear what other college football fans think about this...

My latest from my blog.....

http://edkleese.blogspot.com/

got alil captain in u?

Re: Curious to hear what other college football fans think about this...

u hit the nail right on the head vince young stepped up for his team and played good for 3 1/2 quarters and magnificently the other 1/2 quarter he'd by my number one pick hands down

Vince Young will be a below average passer in the NFL, imo. Go back and watch some of his game tapes. He throws jumpballs to his taller wide receivers. That type of stuff won't fly in the NFL.

He is the best running quarterback I have ever seen, though.

Nice report, Edskin. But where's the love for Dwayne Jarrett? He may just be the best college wide receiver I've seen since Randy Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Vince Young will be a below average passer in the NFL, imo. Go back and watch some of his game tapes. He throws jumpballs to his taller wide receivers. That type of stuff won't fly in the NFL.

He is the best running quarterback I have ever seen, though.

Nice report, Edskin. But where's the love for Dwayne Jarrett? He may just be the best college wide receiver I've seen since Randy Moss.

I enjoyed the writing, Edskin.

I agree with OBM. Young's throwing motion and technique does not seem to translate well to the NFL. With all the speed and schemes at the next level, sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear Young as a #1 pick.

Leinart, on the other hand, showed in the 2nd half why he was the no-brainer first pick of last year's draft. He fit passes into tight spots against a Texas secondary that was getting mega praise. (Didn't hurt he had Jarrett catching). If I was a GM, I would pick Leinart over Young to lead my franchise.

As for Bush, I think he is an amazing athlete but he has a lot of work to do to become an NFL superstar. Texas made it abundantly clear he will struggle to run between the tackles at the next level. He does possess homerun speed and ability everytime he gets outside.

If I'm the Texans GM I try to get someone to give up a fortune for Bush and move down, or try to package Carr for O-line depth and draft Leinart. (Probably not feasible though with the backlash that would surely follow from UT supporters if Young is available).

I think you pretty much covered it, Ed, with regards to the performances of the 3 in the NC game. All 3 definitley have extremely large amounts of pro potential. Who displays it more quickly will hinge on a variety of factors including who drafts them. But Young was special that game, quirky motion and all. Bush will stil do very well in the NFL. But he definitely did not have his "seven thousand yard game" like some had hoped for!

I always try to refrain from thinking about pro-potential when watching college. It tends to spoil it for me when I hear people saying so-and-so is not very good because he would not do well in the pros. The college game stands just fine on it's own for me, especially since I am still an ex-Browns fan wallowing in the wasteland of not calling an NFL team "my own" anymore.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?