Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Franklin signs 1-year contract with Philly....

Ryan Franklin signs 1-year contract with Philly....

Anyone got the "real" numbers on this guy...since W-L record and ERA is no longer the "true" measure of a SP value?

I thought this guy would be worth at least a 1 year look, but i guess all these bottom feeders start looking the same after a while.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Franklin signs 1-year contract with Philly....

28 homers in 190.2 IP in Seattle last year. he should challenge Milton for the home run title.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Yak.

In 2005, Ryan Franklin posted a 5.10 ERA, a 1.44 WHIP, and a miserable 93/62 K/BB ratio in 190 innings.

Pitching at Safeco field.

And he was taking steroids.

Triple yak.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

I don't often agree with Bill Conlin, but he called Franklin one of the worst 5 starting pitchers who consistently get starts. Over the past 2 years, he might be right.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

He got beat like a rented mule in Seattle. That could get bad ugly in Philly.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Glad to see the Reds weren't involved here. Wouldn't have been an upgrade to this staff... and that says a lot.

Turn Off Ads?