Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight 93 Trailer

Flight 93 Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ght93/med.html

I'm not sure about this, dunno if it's been long enough for movies about it yet.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Flight 93 Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ght93/med.html

I'm not sure about this, dunno if it's been long enough for movies about it yet.
    It will never be long enough for movies about it.

I have problems with Pearl Harbor movies. And I didn't even live through that. No matter how old you think I am.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I saw the trailer earlier today. I was intrigued by the concept. I hope it's well made.

Huh-uh.

I've lived ever since with the idea that I may have put someone on this flight or the United flight that went down in New York (as a United reservationist), and while there are aspects that need to be relived, this is more than I can handle.

Man Pills

Pointless. Tasteless.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I've got the under on 5 years until a "Katrina" movie gets made.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I was watching TV the other night, but wasn't really paying much attention, and they were reviewing an upcoming movie to be released that trys to do a "psychological" profile of the terrorists and portrays them (whether intentional or unintentional I don't know), in a sympathetic light. Is this the movie by chance?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I was watching TV the other night, but wasn't really paying much attention, and they were reviewing an upcoming movie to be released that trys to do a "psychological" profile of the terrorists and portrays them (whether intentional or unintentional I don't know), in a sympathetic light. Is this the movie by chance?
    There isn't one single ounce of sympathy coming from me. I don't think this movie is a good idea.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/popculture/

I think Greengrass is a very good director, and he makes films that aren't emotionally manipulative. I trust it not to be just a 2-dimensional patriotic fest.

That said, I don't think I want to see it. I know what happened to those poor people. I don't think I want it rubbed in my face.
    http://www.ohiosportsfans.com
    GREAT BENGALS FORUM!

Profiteering from this is very sad.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    That may have been "Munich". I heard a radio interview with the writer in which he was asked to respond to the criticism that he was showing at least one of the terrrorists as having doubts about the effectiveness of what he was doing. People criticizing this said they all were True Believers; the writer says he talked to a specific source who indicated otherwise.

I hope, at least that this is what you heard about, not the Flight 93 movie. But who knows.

University of Cincinnati

Some of you who dont want to see it i really dont understand, Yes its a terrible thing that happened, but does that not mean we shouldn't have things such as movies and documentaries to remind us? Why cant we honor those on flight 93 that saved possibly thousands of others lives? It angers me to feel that some of you have a problem with having a movie like this coming out. Its simple if you dont like it, you dont have to go see it. I'm sure the box office will show other wise when this comes out and will show the American people do want to see it.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Some of you who dont want to see it i really dont understand, Yes its a terrible thing that happened, but does that not mean we shouldn't have things such as movies and documentaries to remind us? Why cant we honor those on flight 93 that saved possibly thousands of others lives? It angers me to feel that some of you have a problem with having a movie like this coming out. Its simple if you dont like it, you dont have to go see it. I'm sure the box office will show other wise when this comes out and will show the American people do want to see it.
    A documentary is one thing, a movie/dramatization is another. And no one's saying they can't make the movie or shouldn't be allowed.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

For me, the litmus test would be this... Are the victims' families mostly satisfied with the finished product? If the answer is "yes" then IMO, we honor the victims' memories by seeing the film and enlightening ourselves about who they were and what they went through. If the movie is truthful, it will help us understand the situation more than we did before we saw it, and that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    If the movie is truthful, it will help us understand the situation more than we did before we saw it, and that's a good thing.
    How is that possible, though? We already have the transcripts of the cell phone calls from inside the cabin and we already have the transcripts of the cockpit voice recorder. We already "know" everything we can possibly know about what happened in that plane. Everything else is conjecture.

For example, how many passengers will be portrayed as bumrushing the cockpit? Any number larger than three is pure conjecture. Will they be portrayed as succesfully gaining access to the cockpit? Because the voice recorder suggests they didn't get in. What role will the surviving stewardess have in the attempt to retake the plane? Any role at all will be pure conjecture. And so on.

Viewers will "learn" as much from this as they did from "JFK."
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?