Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Vick dismissed from VT Football Team

Re: Marcus Vick dismissed from VT Football Team

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I could see him in a Raiders jersey.

I can see him in an orange jumpsuit.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Although im against what he did, he still was a good QB and after Nick Saban took "Pretty Ricky" back, im thinking that my 'Phins may have a Vick on the team, that's if they don't get Jay Cutler from Vandy! He is a very good QB, but playing for Vanderbilt will make just about anyone look horrible, but his numbers were good.
    Let's make some noise!

Personally, I think Marcus Vick is the real deal and will end up a very successful QB in the NFL. He's not quite as athletic as his brother, but he's a much superior passer.

I think he'll get his head screwed on straight and have a successful career.

Cutler is an outstanding talent and will make a fine NFL quarterback. There is no need to apologize for Vanderbilt, they, with one glaring exception (Mitsu) had a fine season, including a win at Neyland Stadium.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Personally, I think Marcus Vick is the real deal and will end up a very successful QB in the NFL. He's not quite as athletic as his brother, but he's a much superior passer.

I agree. By all accounts, he is every bit as athletic as his brother; just is more comfortable in the pocket.

With Omar Jacobs' draft declaration, with more(Brady Quinn, Vince Young) likely to follow suit because of the expiring CBA--The new CBA will more than likely reduce the signing bonuses for rookies-- this may be a deep draft for QBs.

It remains to be seen if half of them turn out to be busts as in 99--Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McDown etc.. That class was supposed to rival the Marino, Kelly, Elway class of '83. And we all know how that played out.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS

Marcus Vick's stats may look good, but when it comes to intangibles, he comes up very short. The Virginia Tech quarterback and Warwick High School grad's skills may be undeniable, but his judgment and self-control are downright questionable. His character falls far short of his athletic ability.

In 2004, he was convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor (for an incident involving alcohol and 14 and 15 year old girls) (maybe he'll get drafted by the Vikes?). A few months later he pleaded guilty to reckless driving and no contest to possession of marijuana. By August, his record was so troublesome he was suspended not just from the team but from the university. He returned for the 2005 season, only to mess up again, making an obscene gesture during a nationally televised game.

After VT readmitted Marcus after he was arrested for, um, befriending, underage girls and various other criminal charges, the university set a “no tolerance” policy for any future indiscretions. Well, he was arrested on December 17th for speeding and driving with a suspended license near his hometown of Newport News, Va. The Gator Bowl was January 2nd. I guess I missed the part where they said it was “no tolerance” unless there’s a big bowl game coming up.

And then he lies afer the Gator Bowl incident, inwhich film shows him stompling Dumervil's (the NCAA sacks leader) leg by saying he apologized. He didn't.

VT didn't dismiss this kid for an isolated incident, but for a consistent pattern of behavior.

Lawrence Phillips anyone?

Is he redeemable? Possibly. But it begins with him. When is he gonna start? When he gets to the NFL? You need to demonstrate those tangibles before going to the NFL. Or else you gonna find yourself in the position he is now (a low draft pick).

He might change his tune when this time next year he’s in Frankfurt trying to beat out Akili Smith for the right to hold the clipboard for Galaxy QB Kevin Eakin.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Hey, he wouldn't be the first football player to wear both a black Raiders jersey and an orange jumpsuit. Do you remember Warren Wells?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I could see him in a Raiders jersey.
    with "Rob Mexico" on the back.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue
    With Omar Jacobs' draft declaration, with more(Brady Quinn, Vince Young) likely to follow suit because of the expiring CBA--The new CBA will more than likely reduce the signing bonuses for rookies-- this may be a deep draft for QBs.
    I expect Vince Young to come out (and I'm not at all sold on him being anything special on Sundays), but my gut tells me that Brady Quinn will be back for another year under Charlie Weiss and a Heisman run.

If he has a season next year like the one he had this year, he'll be a consensus top-5 pick, IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

And now the thug has been arrested again...this time on a gun charge.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10777702/

Coming soon to a theater near you: "The Longest Yard, Part II," starring Marcus Vick. Special guest stars: O.J. Simpson and the Minnesota Vikings. Special guest appearance: Jeff Reardon.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I wouldn't even take a chance on him given his position. The QB just has to be somewhat of a leader and execute judgement. Vick just seems to lack that ability. But definitely seems to be taking same pathetic path as Clarett. Many of the things either one has done are inexcusable at this point.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

*ahem*
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Vick hiding after pulling a weapon on a teenager at McDonalds...

Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-09-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Well - no one can't say Vick doesn't have balls.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?