Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marcus Vick dismissed from VT Football Team

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: Marcus Vick dismissed from VT Football Team

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    I wouldn't even take a chance on him given his position. The QB just has to be somewhat of a leader and execute judgement. Vick just seems to lack that ability. But definitely seems to be taking same pathetic path as Clarett. Many of the things either one has done are inexcusable at this point.
    Agreed.

Before this, I would have said he would have been a second day pick. Now, I think he is out of the draft barring a miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He made his bed, he gets to sleep in it now.

Good luck with your life Marcus, it just got much harder.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

got alil captain in u?

somebody just throw the kid and jail to teach him a lesson cause obviously his own brother can't get it threw his thick skull

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

He has some measurables...

Look at the sense of entitlement on that kid. Haven't seen one that size since Maurice Clarett.

Went from 2nd rounder to out of the draft in one week. Brilliant!
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

What do you think about Atlanta taking him and letting big brother be a mentor? I think that's possible but not likely.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    What do you think about Atlanta taking him and letting big brother be a mentor? I think that's possible but not likely.
    At this point you have to wonder if even his Brother wants him around.
    Go Gators!

I know this doesn't look good, but remember we do still have the system of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law in place in this country.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I know this doesn't look good, but remember we do still have the system of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law in place in this country.
    Your right, but i think the damage is done to him already professionally speaking. I think he may end up in the AFL for a year, but some one eventually will give him a chance (i was going to say Canada but i think that will depend upon his gun charge).

Then again, after reading Pros and Cons, he may end up being drafted afterall.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/matt-hayes/blog/

Marcus Vick will go higher than you think
    Thursday, February 23, 2006, 4:17 p.m. ET

An agent friend of mine called the other day and told me something that will be disturbing for most, yet revealing at the same time.

Marcus Vick is going to be picked a lot higher than you think in April's NFL draft.

Vick currently is working out with noted trainer Chip Smith of Competitive Edge Sports in Atlanta. And Vick is absolutely killing there. His 40 time has dipped into the low 4.3s and high 4.2s, while trainers at CES say he's showing uncanny explosion and redirection in various drills. Now he's at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, and pretty soon you'll be hearing about Vick's ridiculous numbers (the Wonderlic, notwithstanding).

So what does it all mean?

Look, I said last season that Marcus was a better quarterback than his brother, and I was called an idiot by just about everyone (including my editor). But I'm telling you right now, Marcus Vick is a steal if someone can set him straight. And you better believe someone in the NFL will try.

Don't even bring up the Maurice Clarett saga. They're similar in one way only: They're both turds. At least at this point.

Clarett showed up at the NFL Combine out of shape and with a surly attitude. He ran a 7.32 40 (I kid; but that fark photo of Clarett finishing behind the old man was an absolute classic) and completely turned off NFL execs with his standoffish personality.

Vick will be different. Scouts will rave about his pure athletic ability after he works out. And he'll be contrite (trust me, he's good at it; he fooled me in April, 2005). The only question then becomes: can he hold it together mentally?

Any player who knows he's in the spotlight, who knows everyone is watching his every move, and still pulls a gun on teenagers at a fast food joint, is missing more than a few cards from his deck. If the Vikings weren't still staving off the Good Ship Lollypop P.R. fiasco, I'd say Minnesota is the perfect spot for Vick -- so he can continue his tutelage under QB coach Kevin Rogers, the only guy who has gotten through to Vick, albeit briefly.

My guess: someone takes Vick on Day 1 of the draft, maybe even as high as late third round. If he does what I think he'll do at the combine, it's hard to pass up first round value past the third round.

No matter how risky.

I pity the team that takes him.

Talent but no head.
    Go Gators!

Don't even bring up the Maurice Clarett saga. They're similar in one way only: They're both turds. At least at this point.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I pity the team that takes him.

Talent but no head.
    They said the same thing about Cory Dillon and Warren Sapp at one point. Of course, they also said it about Lawrence Phillips and Tremain Mack, too.

I wouldn't use a high 1st round pick on him, banking on him being the franchise for the next decade. On the other hand, if you are a team with an aging QB, why not use a 3rd round pick on him. (Yes, I am talking to you Tennessee Titans.) Best case, you have a stud QB to ease into the starting role. Worst case, your third round pick doesn't work out. No biggie, happens all the time.

Turn Off Ads?