Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indiana-Ohio State...

Indiana-Ohio State...

Should be a great game tommorow in Bloomington. OSU is a tough team and will play very tough b/c of their coach. I look for IU to win the game, but it won't be decided to the very end, IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Indiana-Ohio State...

Looking like a very good game. I will have to miss it though as I am going to the play by play high school classic all day at the Schott. Really looking forward to getting to see OJ Mayo play in person.

Back to the game, I think it will come down to OSU's shooting. If they put on a display like they did the other night against Penn St they will win easily. If they play like they did against LSU, I would look for Indiana to take them down. It really just comes down to shooting for OSU but I don't like our chances of being undefeated at this time tomorrow unfortunately.

Well, being an IU fan, I hope you're right. OSU scares me. They spread the floor really well, and they have the personnel to shoot the 3 effectively. This is one game that IU could really miss Ratliff's (if he doesn't play) defense (long arms and quick feet) against the very quick OSU guards.

Thank goodness for the home court.

OSU's schedule hasn't actually been a barn burner, but Matta is taking this team/program in the the right direction. I think OSU can win today.

The problem in the Big 10 is gonna be Illinois and MSU.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Is Ohio State still under suspension or whatever from J-O?

NCAA still has not made it's final rulings yet, but expectations are that there would be no more post season bans, etc - possibly just some banners coming down, etc. But who knows? I think most connected with the sitatuaion are fairly confident that the Buckeyes will be eligible for post-season now. Matta even included an "out clause" for next year's recruits in the event that Buckeyes do get harsher penalties.

On to the game, I agree with the sentiments above. We have shot the ball extremely well this year, and of course a display like that will be hard for IU to contend with. However, it is hard to imagine getting the looks against a Hoosier defence that they apparently got against Penn State. I think it will have to be a more complete all around game and consistent effort on the Buckeyes' part. It should be a good game. I am excited to get to see them on TV, that's for sure. Already have my ticketes for the Michigan game at the end of February!
    Last edited by bucksfan; 01-07-2006 at 11:42 AM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    NCAA still has not made it's final rulings yet, but expectations are that ther would be no more post season bans, etc - possibly just some banners coming down, etc. But who knows? I think most connected with the sitatuaion are fairly confident that the Buckeyes will be eligible for post-season now. Matta even included an "out clause" for next year's recruits in the event that Buckeyes do get harsher penalties.

On to the game, I agree with the sentiments above. We have shot the ball extremely well this year, and of course a display like that will be hard for IU to contend with. However, it is hard to imagine getting the looks against a Hoosier defence that they apparently got against Penn State. I think it will have to be a more complete all around game and consistent effort on the Buckeyes' part. It should be a good game. I am ecisted to get to see them on TV, that's for sure. Already have my ticketes for the Michigan game at the end of February!

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure whatever happened with that.

You must have a hard time being a Bucks fan up there in NW Ohio, there's alot of those "other" fans up there.

It's not soo bad, especially in bball season as a lot of tsun's fans don't tend to be as vocal/passionate about their hoops. Actually I don't see a ton of Buckeyes hoops support either, but it's just not as big of a deal as football to most. For me, altho the college football experience/spectacle is a unparalleled experience IMO, I get just as passionate about the hoops games, especially the bigger ones.

We are paper thin inside. Dials seems to have shaken his early doldrums, but still if he is taken out of the game, either by his own doing or by the play of the opposition, we are in trouble unless the hot shooting compensates. Twig (Terwilliger) has improved by leaps and bounds and helps a lot but it is still a very thin and small inside presence overall. Fortunately there are not aton of teams that are capable of emploiting that consistently and effectively guarding our perimeter also. But it can and likely will be done a few (hopefully that's all) times this season.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    OSU's schedule hasn't actually been a barn burner, but Matta is taking this team/program in the the right direction. I think OSU can win today.

The problem in the Big 10 is gonna be Illinois and MSU.
    Yeah - Sagarin has our SOS at 222 BUT we are #7 in his RPI rankings. Take that FWIW though, but we have done better than in recent years. The Gardner Webb thrashing, for as chintzy as that sounds, was not too bad considering they beat Minny and barely lost to UNC. The Iowa State win was nice, especially coming back from being 15 down. The Iowa State win was also noce and a game we were losing before since it was essentially a road game against a well-coached and disciplined team.

By no means have we played a killer schedule, but I at least like our performance against what we have played so far. We'll see how it plays out on the court, eh?
    Last edited by bucksfan; 01-07-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Great game going on in Bloomington.

IU leads 66-64 with 7:50 to go.

Hoosiers prevail, 81-79.

I think we just saw the two best teams in the Big Ten.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 01-07-2006 at 06:32 PM.

I thought the Bucks would make a three there at the end to pull it out. Matt Terwilliger played too much today for us to win. Indiana was on fire for the last 23 minutes and OSU still almost won.

Oh, and Killingsworth is a hot dog that was parked in the lane all day and they called 3 seconds once. That really wasn't fair. Yes, that's sour grapes, but it made for a lot of fouls inside and easy hoops by letting him park out in there.

Oh, did I mention Mike Davis is doing just fine taking over for the master whiner of all time?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

How long do you think Matta stays at the Ohio State University? What is the longest he has had a job for 4 years?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

No disrespect to Butler and Xavier, but he is much more likely to stay at a place with the opportunities Ohio State presents for quite some time.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    How long do you think Matta stays at the Ohio State University? What is the longest he has had a job for 4 years?
    Neither Butler or Xavier is a final destination type of job unless a coach just wants to stay there for a career. OSU, on the other hand, can only be topped by some of the east coast teams. I think Matta will stay unless a Duke or Carolina type job becomes available which isn't likely in the near future. I think he said earlier this was his dream job so I like our chances of keeping him. He is signed to a ridiculously long contract as it is.

Turn Off Ads?