Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

All dyslexics must untie!
    "wasnt ben broussard the southland conference player of the year as well?"

You tell me...is McNeese State in Texas? That's where BB came from. Story sounds similar to Schramek...great senior season after being mostly overlooked earlier in his college career

So...do I smell the "Al Goldis" influence on this selection?

LH hitting 3rd baseman? Well-suited for the GAB, and a sign that Aaron Boone's impending arbitration (2003? 2004?) is on the minds of the Red's FO
    Never overlook the obvious

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Reds 4th round selection

105 CAMILO VAZQUEZ HIALEAH SENIOR HS LHP L/L 6'0" 180 10/03/1983 HS 56k | 300k

COMMENT: Medium build. Athletic frame similar to Billy Wagner. Fastball explodes from hand, bores in. Sharp, sweeping curve action when snaps out in front. Deceptive change when maintains arm action. Poised, good kid with solid makeup. Good athlete, coachable, wants the ball. Also plays outfield and 1B. Came from Cuba two years ago.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Any chance of the Reds landing Neighborgall or Harrington? When is their next pick due? I lost connection on MLB.com
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Can't believe the Reds let Rich Hill get past pick #75. Nick Bourgeois was there too. And to back up 15, I'll be amazed if Edens turns out to be a better pitcher than David Bush.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Clemson
    my pick for first to the majors is kevin howard from miami. the boy can hit. Here is what mlb.com says:

KEVIN HOWARD U MIAMI 3B L/R 6'3" 185 06/25/1981 4YR 56k | 300k

COMMENT: Medium build with long arms and legs. Body type similar to Devon White. Solid, smart hitter. Sprays ball to all fields. Tough out with line-drive, pull power. Solid glove, makes plays. Good instincts with occasional arm strength. Plays hard. Gamer.

<small>[ 06-04-2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Clemson ]</small>

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Clemson:
    <strong>I wouldnt be surprised is Schramek was indeed drafted as a pitcher. i mean it could simply be a listing mistake, but a lot of teams draft position players and try to mold them</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have trouble believing that given that he has not pitched AT ALL in college. Are the Reds remembering his arm from 1999 when he came out of HS?

On an unrelated note, I am NOT surprised that the Reds tabbed 2 college seniors in the first 3 rounds. Looks like Bowden and company are making sure that they WILL sign Gruler.

Info on 4th round pick:

CAMILO VAZQUEZ HIALEAH SENIOR HS LHP L/L 6'0" 180 10/03/1983 HS

COMMENT: Medium build. Athletic frame similar to Billy Wagner. Fastball explodes from hand, bores in. Sharp, sweeping curve action when snaps out in front. Deceptive change when maintains arm action. Poised, good kid with solid makeup. Good athlete, coachable, wants the ball. Also plays outfield and 1B. Came from Cuba two years ago.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by gm:
    <strong>You tell me...is McNeese State in Texas? That's where BB came from. Story sounds similar to Schramek...great senior season after being mostly overlooked earlier in his college career</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">McNeese St. is in Louisiana. But they are members of the Southland conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Rasta Red
    Besides the obvious need of pitching it looks like the Reds are going after 3rd basemen and left handed sticks. Maybe they got their Scott Kazmir at #105 in Camilo Vazquez!

Any chance Catch 22 has the scoop on the #2 pick?

I can't believe the Reds passed on Dave Bush.

Twice.

Idiots. $^%&@ng idiots. :mad:

Clemson
    yeah i mean i dont expect that they drafted schramek as a pitcher, but i'm just saying it wouldnt surprise me if they did. did baker go anywhere yet my connection is awful.

<a href="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/draftday/draft_2002/mlb_draft_search.jsp?last_name_alpha=&school_name_ alpha=&location=&team_by_team=cin&round_by_round=" target="_blank">http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/draftday/draft_2002/mlb_draft_search.jsp?last_name_alpha=&school_name_ alpha=&location=&team_by_team=cin&round_by_round=</a>

Reds draft summary so far
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I haven't seen Baker, Neighborgall or Harrington picked yet. Grab Neighborgall or Harrington, please... :mad:
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

"Any chance of the Reds landing Neighborgall "

He's not going to move off of his asking price, so I'm not sure anyone will draft him. Maybe Texas since he's a Boras client.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Has Jason Neighborgall of NC gone yet? If not he would be a great pick for the Reds this late. He might be a tough sign, but he might be worth it. If I am not mistaken wasnt he one of the pitchers considered to have the highest ceilings?

Turn Off Ads?