Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Expansion Draft Advice Needed

Expansion Draft Advice Needed

I'm in a real-player sim league that's about to undergo an expansion draft. Each owner is allowed to protect five players; then one is selected and five more can be pulled back. My most valuable players probably are:

Carlos Zambano
    Noah Lowry
    Tomo Ohka
    John Patterson
    Aaron Heilman
    Cory Lidle
    Clint Nageotte
    Billy Wagner
    Ramon Hernandez
    Carlos Delgado
    Ryan Freel
    Vernon Wells
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Willy Mo Pena

So which five of those guys should I protect?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: Expansion Draft Advice Needed

I would go with these four for sure

Zambrano
    Wagner
    Delgado
    Wells

For the 5th, I'd probably go with Lowry but possibly Patterson or Hernandez

However, most of my experience lies in 5x5 roto not real player sims
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz
    I'm in a real-player sim league that's about to undergo an expansion draft. Each owner is allowed to protect five players; then one is selected and five more can be pulled back. My most valuable players probably are:

Carlos Zambano
    Noah Lowry
    Tomo Ohka
    John Patterson
    Aaron Heilman
    Cory Lidle
    Clint Nageotte
    Billy Wagner
    Ramon Hernandez
    Carlos Delgado
    Ryan Freel
    Vernon Wells
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Willy Mo Pena

So which five of those guys should I protect?
    I'd definitely keep Carlos Zambrano, John Patterson, and Noah Lowry. The remaining two are up to you, but I'd definitely keep these three pitchers. Patterson in RFK is a great fit and Lowry is a true stud in the making.

I'd probably hang on to Billy Wagner and Carlos Delgado, but I'm not typically a big fan of overpaying for closers or firstbasemen.

Zambrano, Wagner, Delgado, Wells, Pena due to his projected 30 hr season.

Turn Off Ads?