Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Tubby Smith have a job after this year?

Re: Will Tubby Smith have a job after this year?

And Kentucky loses to Alabama, 68-64.

Three game losing streak.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think I heard that the back to back HOME conference losses are a first since 1985. The Ronald Reagan era Cats were not easy on the eyes, either.

Retired

Rondo held the ball for about 3 seconds on the inbound with 6 seconds left on the shot clock with about 32 seconds to go, right after a time out. I usually don't like to get on Tubby because he take enough crap from UK fans, but geez. The coaching staff needs to make sure everyone knows what the clock is.

I saw Glory Road(see my other post) last night, and right now I think I wasted my money.

UK lost in that movie and I paid money to see it. Why do that when I can watch it for free?
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Not having your players aware of the shot clock situation when coming out of a FULL TIMEOUT is just about the worst offence that a coaching staff can commit, especially when it is a possession that was one of the most pivotal of the entire game.

The team played like an actual team that first half. The four guard lineup with Morris was very effective and was the lineup that built the 9 point lead.

If Patrick Sparks starts next game, there needs to be an official inquiry.
    PUT IN RAVI, TUBBY!!! OPEN YOUR EYES
    Sparks looks like he's expecting a spanking from his mom at any second out there. They commented how he scored 26 against Alabama last season; my how things have changed.

Second half, the team fell apart and reverted to their bad habits.

Morris should be required to have at least one touch of the ball on every UK possession. Everything in this offense needs to start with his possession of the ball in the post. On that note, some of those post feeds from the guards today were absolutely pathetic.

Some improvement, I guess, but this team needs to win their next game bad.

We're just going to have to accept it, this team isn't very good. Not alot of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    We're just going to have to accept it, this team isn't very good. Not alot of talent.
    I agree that this team is not the most-talented that we have ever witnessed. That's no excuse, however, for them to not at the VERY least play the game the right way. If we play like a team and get out butts whipped, I can live with it; I just want to see some good, consistently unselfish basketball out of these guys and this coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Rondo held the ball for about 3 seconds on the inbound with 6 seconds left on the shot clock with about 32 seconds to go, right after a time out. I usually don't like to get on Tubby because he take enough crap from UK fans, but geez. The coaching staff needs to make sure everyone knows what the clock is.
    I bet my life Tubby let him know the situation. However, Rondo has his own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Has anyone speculated Bob Huggins in the chair at Kentucky?
    That will happen when hell freezes over. I couldn't care less, but there is simply no way that takes place.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Did anyone else see this?

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Okay, I can make out the last two words, "Pitino back!" What's the first word, "PLEASEGODBRING"???
    Seriously, though, I cannot make out the first word. Can anybody tell what it is?

---'Roser

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    Okay, I can make out the last two words, "Pitino back!" What's the first word, "PLEASEGODBRING"???
    Seriously, though, I cannot make out the first word. Can anybody tell what it is?

---'Roser
    It says "Bring"

20 Questions to ask Tubby about the "Unwatchables"

http://www.news-expressky.com/articl...rts/03rick.txt

After watching the last three or four UK games, we're all in need of a chuckle or two. That being the case, let's get the weekend started with 20 questions we'd love to ask Tubby Smith, the unfortunate coach of this team sadly, yet correctly dubbed, “The Unwatchables.”

€ Is it possible that when Chuck Hayes left, he took all of the heart out of Wildcat Lodge?

€ Do you regret taking all three of your 7-foot projects? Wouldn't one, or, two years apart, two have been plenty?

€ Have you considered that Reggie Hanson may not be the answer when it comes to coaching the post players?

€ Ever considered a position change? Not for you, or your swing players, but given the play you're getting on a nightly basis from Bobby Perry (the poor man's Chuck Hayes) and Sheray Thomas (the poor man's Antoine Walker) changing the “four” position from “power” forward to “weak” forward?

€ Did you ever think you'd see a Kentucky team play with less pride?

€ When did the torch pass from UK basketball meaning more to the customers than it does to the actual team?

€ Ever consider that the last time Kentucky basketball was in this shape, the rebuilding project focused on three in-state players (Pelphrey, Feldhaus and Farmer) and a classmate who spent more time in Lexington than his native Indiana (Woods)?

€ Do you dread those Monday night callers because you know they're right but can't publicly agree with them and therefore publicly “dis” your team?

€ Has the name Chris Lofton become the bane of your recruiting existence?

€ Ever walk into an empty room in your house and scream, “MOVE! For the love of God, will somebody please move without the basketball!”?

€ When you had somebody drive Lukasz Obrzut to the airport for his Christmas flight home to Poland, were you tempted to have them tell him, “You know, Big ‘Woo', there's really no need to rush back”?

€ Do you wander into a UK women's practice, see Mickey DeMoss and think, “Now there's a job I'd love to have”?

€ Do you ever look out at the 23,000 people who come to your every home game and think, “My goodness, you people are insane”?

€ Ever thought about lining your team up and making them apologize, individually, to Bill Keightley?

€ Do you ever want to go to a grade school game to see a team that can actually shoot the basketball?

€ Do you ever look at the expanding waistline of Patrick Sparks and realize he's your real McDonald's All-American?

€ Ever want to talk to your starting guard combo of Rajon Rondo and Sparks and say, “Guys, for the love of Pete, lighten up?”

€ Have you ever called Rich Brooks for advice?

€ Ever thought about hiring an offensive coordinator?

€ Ever think when you sold your soul to get Randolph Morris back, this is what you'd get in return?

€ Do you ever look at the expanding waistline of Patrick Sparks and realize he's your real McDonald's All-American?
    Too, too funny!!!

When will Tubby finally stick Sparks on the bench and let the much-more deserving Ravi get his chance to start????

I didnt think it could get any worse, but it has.

Tubby has hired a sports psychologist to watch the team. Even Jay Bilas was making fun of it.

Oh, and we are beating Georgia by 3 at the half. If we lose this game, the fans will need therapy.

Turn Off Ads?