Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How much did you make?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: How much did you make?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    And there is more baby-sitting jobs for my 15 and 12 yr. olds than they can handle and are in high demand. They have standing job with several families where my girls tell them the nights they'll babysit and then the families make plans accordingly.
    Ooooohhh, thats a negotiating tatic I may need in the next year or two when my nieces are dating instead of babysitting. That one is in the vault.

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Other than the old paper route/odd jobs income....

This goes back over twenty years ago, but my first paying gig was as a "Waiter Assistant" (uber-busboy) at a 4-Star restaurant in Palm Beach, Florida called the Epicurean. Yep, I pulled down a whopping $ 3.50/HR plus tips for my servitude. Good times.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

unloading trucks at Meijers. $6.50/hr. quit after three months when the union denied me a raise for the third time in as many months.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    Ooooohhh, thats a negotiating tatic I may need in the next year or two when my nieces are dating instead of babysitting. That one is in the vault.

GL
    My wife and I do make sure our girls don't abuse this privilege.

And if someone calls wanting a babysitter and the girls are about to reject it because "they just don't feel like it", it is strongly suggested by Mom and Dad that they reconsider.

Pay attention to the open sky

I think I made $2.95/hour, washing dishes at the Omelette House on Westbourne. Maybe it was $2.35, or $3.35.
    All I know is it wasn't worth it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    I think I made $2.95/hour, washing dishes at the Omelette House on Westbourne. Maybe it was $2.35, or $3.35.
    It never is.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Seems that the jobs that pay the least are the hardest jobs. Making a living by the sweat of your brow is tough.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?