Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So is there any hope?

Re: So is there any hope?

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    I'm afraid this isn't really helping.

I think we should start a thread where we all come up with scenarios where the Reds win the division. They will obviously all be absurd, but maybe it will give us some reason to watch.
    Aurilia and Womack combine for 100 plate appearances, all hitters and pitchers have the greatest years of their career, including 5 perfect games between Eric Milton and Elizardo Ramirez.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think we should start a thread where we all come up with scenarios where the Reds win the division. They will obviously all be absurd, but maybe it will give us some reason to watch.
    Dan O'Brien is fired. Yesterday.

The Cardinals look at the Sunny Acres Retirement Home for pitchers after Suppan, Carpenter, & Marquis go down.

The Astros hit bottom after the ailens that invaded Willy Tavares & Morgan Ensburg decide to go back to the planet Zorg & Roger Clemens would rather stay at home and take up needlepoint.

The Brewers, in a Darwinian way, recede back to the Brewers circa 2002.

The Pirates - well - they are the Pirates, and whatever they do, usually involves no better than 4th place.

The Reds behind stellar offense, get a sub 4 ERA from Harang, Claussen, and Milton. Dave Williams pulls a Danny Jackson, goes 23-8 with an ERA of 2.92

Todd Coffey goes Bobby Thigpen and saves 57.

woy pulls out an essay entitled - 2006 Reds vs. 1956 Reds-A Comparative Study (Long)

RedsZone users increase. Boss & GIK add a third level - Redsdom.

Redsland doing the Reds Report - actually has to make up funny stuff - unlike currently where he just "cuts & pastes"
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

An amazing master theif, a super villian if you will, kidnaps the 1/2 the Cardinals, Astros, Cubs, and Brewers rosters in Spring Training and the Pirates starting pitching. The Reds squeak into the playoffs finishing a tick above .500.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    Yes, but there is also a very real possibility that some point this year, if even for only one game, you will see a lineup that consists of Dunn, Pena, Kearns, Jr, Freel, Lopez, Encarnacion and LaRue. That is the best offensive lineup in either league, period, IMO.
    Those lineups sabotaged with Womack at the top of the order and Rich batting clean up
    Go Gators!

Hope that Eric Milton rebounds where he can lower his ERA by 1.5 and provide around 13 wins.

Hope that Harang and Claussen improve that they can provide 13-15 wins a piece.

Hope that Williams can win between 10-13 wins.

Hope that Paul Wilson is able to come back and pitch like he did in 2004.

Alot of ifs. But I'm a Steelers fan and there is alot of ifs if we can beat the Colts.

That is why you play the game.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    There is little hope. Just wait until they trade Pena for pitching peanuts and he hits 47 homeruns for some lucky team this year while the Reds field a lineup with Freel, Aurilia and Womack in it and wonder why they are losing so many 7-1 games.

That's going to be swell.
    I amend my previous answer in this thread.

I have hope again.

Thanks for that to the new owner. It's fun to look forward to spring training once again.

I have hope for the future now, but 06 is still a downer for me, Aurilia, Womack, Milton.

Go Gators!

If DanO was still in place, I'd have no hope. I wasn't even looking forward to the season.

But the last three days have renewed my hope.

Even though I know we're going to suffer, I can see a change, a difference. Hope, where before I had none.

It's amazing. A little hope is all I need. I'd forgotten what it felt like.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Yup, looks like I got what I wanted...No mo DanO and Allen has been sent back to bean-counting. WooHoo! For my second wish, I'm hoping Womack doesn't make it out of Spring Training on the Reds ML roster.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Word.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion
    For my second wish, I'm hoping Womack doesn't make it out of Spring Training on the Reds ML roster.
    Same for Rich.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I have hope for the future now, but 06 is still a downer for me, Aurilia, Womack, Milton.

Yeah, I now have some hope for the Reds in future seasons, which is great, but 2006 appears to still be pretty hopeless at this point.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Same for Rich.
    even better - RA has a good first half, the new GM recognizes his value and deals him to a contender.

If Harang and Claussen build upon last season and continue to improve, if Paul Wilson can come back in 2004 form, if Dave Williams goes all '99 Steve Parris on us, if Eric Milton's knee and head get well, if the bullpen organizes itself into a real MLB pen, if Junior doesn't get hurt too much, if Kearns and Pena turn out to be real ballplayers, if Lopez shows '05 wasn't a flash in the pan, if EE shows steady improvement, if Larue/Valentin continue to be productive, if Dunn doesn't get too mad at management, if RA and TW don't whine too much, if Castellini doesn't turn into George Steinbrenner, and Jerry Narron doesn't go all Bob Boone smart or Dave Miley stupid on us, then the Reds have a shot. At a wild card.

All I'm looking for is some creativity and intelligence from the front office and good, sound, intelligent, and creative baseball moves get made that steer the team in a positive direction and show some overall good strategy. That, and the team doesn't quit on us.

Pay attention to the open sky

Well, one thing I will say about the 2006 Reds. I don't think any sports team has ever exceeded my expectations more - and, judging from the responses on this thread - the expectations of a lot of other posters were significantly exceeded as well.

Turn Off Ads?