Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scientists Prove Soccer is Better than Baseball

Re: Scientists Prove Soccer is Better than Baseball

Science is the art of blasphemy.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

how often a team with a worse record overcomes an apparently superior one - as the best measure of how exciting a league is.
    Or that could just mean the league sucks....top to bottom.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Cool study. It would be interesting to see how other major soccer leagues compared to the Premiership. I'm guessing La Liga in Spain and Der Bundesliga in Germany would come out as being less competitive. The top teams tend to own those leagues.

As for U.S. sports, the results don't surprise me. Had you asked me to list which sports are the most competitve and unpredictable I'd have given you the baseball, hockey, basketball, football order. Though it's entirely possible that predictability and ritual appeal to the average American sports fan more than competition.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Or that could just mean the league sucks....top to bottom.
    But it doesn't the Premier is pretty much the top European league from top t bottom, that is evident week in and week out.

The other leagues are as M2 says, top heavy with stud teams like Real Madrid or AC Milan

Next study: Who's Hotter? Soccer Moms or basbeball Moms?

I've dealt with both, and some soccer Moms I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?