Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews suffers heart attack

Renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews suffers heart attack

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...b/3576497.html

In other news, it appears the Astros might not be able to send Jeff Bagwell to have his surgically repaired right shoulder examined this week. Renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews was expected to check the progress of Bagwell's right shoulder's mobility in Birmingham, Ala.

"Dr. Andrews suffered a heart attack over the weekend, so we don't know where his situation stands," Purpura said.

Bagwell, who had surgery in June and returned in September, continues to work out and undergo extensive physical therapy in Houston in hopes of playing this year.

"I don't know what's going on," Bagwell said of the visit with Andrews.

Purpura hasn't given up hope of having Bagwell in the lineup in 2006.

"It's hard to tell right now," Purpura said. "It's not encouraging; it's not discouraging. Rehab is monotonous. It's just repetition after repetition. He has to get all his work in so that we can see where he stands and where we go from here."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews suffers heart attack

I am suprised that this story hasn't gotten more run in the sports community. The guy has basically rewritten all the rules in sports surgeries and rehabs over the last twenty years.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I know this is a Reds forum but with the way this injury has transpired with Carson and all the oddities with it, does anyone have this sinking feeling like I do that he will reinjure the knee working in rehab? Just seems it would be Bengal like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjo17
    Just seems it would be Bengal like.
    Nah, it would be Cincinnati like.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Sorry Savafan, I stand corrected.

Turn Off Ads?