Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new board!

Re: Problems with e-mail notification

I'm not positive but I would imagine it's the latter (the feature was on when you made the posts). By the way, I have no idea why that feature was on by default - I imagine it had to do with the UBB import.

Boss

Originally posted by Red Leader
    Boss,
    I LOVE the new site, my questions is this: I went to my profile and turned the little e-mail notification default to 'no', but I am still getting them. Do these have to be unchecked every post you make at the bottom, or is it just that the feature was on when I made that post and it will send me one everytime there is a reply to that post. Please let me know when you get some time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

FYI, Boss Hog

FYI. I went back into my profile and checked to make sure the e-mail notifications were still set to 'no' which they were. Went to the post I have been getting the e-mails for and edited the first post within that thread and the e-mail notification at the bottom of the post was checked as one of my options. I unchecked the box and edited the post and have NOT gotten anymore e-mails. If that makes any sense you are the BOSS. Anyway, I haven gotten any more e-mail notifications, so I think I'm good to go. Thanks for your help Boss. and I LOVE THESE:

:thumbdown :evilgrin:
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Maybe someone can help me...I've checked to box to not notify me by email of a new post and I still get the emails. Is there anything I can do or what am I doing wrong?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar
    Great to be back. Awesome board!

Originally posted by WVRedsFan
    Maybe someone can help me...I've checked to box to not notify me by email of a new post and I still get the emails. Is there anything I can do or what am I doing wrong?
    See Red Leaders post right before yours. He solved the mystery.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Let me see if I can also explain it.

When I first logged on to the new board, I responded to a few threads.

Then, I realized that I was getting emails everytime someone also responded on those threads.

I went in to my profile and turned off that option.

I still received emails but only to those threads that I had "subscriptions" to BEFORE turning off the option.

The best way that I can see to get rid of those few remaining emails was to unsubscribe to them using the link in the email.

Voila! No more emails.

It's a nice option on a board that you don't frequent often. I use it on the Cardinals site. Being a Redszone addict, it isn't a good option for me.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Originally posted by creek14

See Red Leaders post right before yours. He solved the mystery.
    Doh! I didn't read before I posted. One demeret for me (well, maybe 2)

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh YES! I found you guys. I have been away up in the great city of Cincy, but of course the boys are out of town. Great New Place, Boss! Good JOB to all.

J-Rod

Everything looks great!!

Ditto!!!

Nice job.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Now that we have all sufficiently set the new Redzone asail with vast amounts of praise, time to cut her down a notch.

Can we do anything about the Red scrollbars? Ugh.

GL

billy
    I'm here. I used to be wally post, but I suspect someone else has become wally. When I tried to register as wally post, it said my email address wasn't valid! I don';t know what's up with that - but it doesn't matter. Change is good. If there's a wally post out there... well, it isn't me!

I love the new home. Congrats to those responsible!

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar
    Checking in at the new domicile! As you guys were opening up, I was having computer problems, so it took a few days!
    Things look !!!

---'Roser

Time is the Revelator.
    Alright, I am back. Glad to see RZ finally getting a vB. I have had alot of computer problems over the weeks, and my original tower is still in the shop. I bought a gateway from a friend, its a bit old - and not as good as my other one, but it will do for now.

Glad to be back.

"Go to first unread post"

Is that new?

Mega-cool feature!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Everything looks awesome!! I just got home from Myrtle Beach was glad to see the new board in place. You guys have done a great job. I just wish the Reds had done as a good a job while I was gone...I hate to see them blow so many opportunities.

Turn Off Ads?