Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson and WR coach involved in halftime fight?

Re: Chad Johnson and WR coach involved in halftime fight?

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Are football fans, or as we don our football fan hats, more pssionate about their teams and, especially, the losses? Or as Reds fans, have we just become accustomed to suckitude?

Just wondering that having read through the threads realting to Sunday's game.
    When you only have 16 shots at it instead of 162 the individual wins and losses take on a lot more meaning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    But where does Cowher deny that his players don't say or do some of the antics you state? Look at what he says - “The last thing we ever do is comment on things that their players say,” Cowher said. “I could have a whole press conference with some of the things that come from that team. I would like to think it was said out of frustration.”

IMO, he wasn't exempting his team, or any team. But it's the Bengals, and their fans, who are, after this incident, saying that the Steelers players do this, and the Steelers players say that.... as if the Bengal's players aren't ever guilty of trash talking and various antics during pre-game, when the cameras aren't on, or even afterwards?

Lets take the "halo" of some of these Bengal players too. I've seen not only Johnson, But Henry and TJ do there share also.

There is way to much taunting and excessive celebration going on around the NFL. And I stated on an earlier thread on this subject that it can come back to haunt ANY team and promotes the very atmosphere we are currently seeing.
    Ok, we'll amend his statement: "The last thing we ever do is comment on things that their players say. We simply take care of business on the field. Now, I'm not saying we won't whine about what we think is a cheap shot on the field. So, we take out a knee here, a knee there. It's hard to contain my guys from laughing about it on the field because they know its coming. If the other team has a mouthy player, we treat him like he's meeting a gang in an alley. But, we never, ever comment on things that their players say."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

That quote from Roethlisberger where he does not remember complaining is unbelievable. For 2 or 3 days after that 2nd game several times I saw articles where he called that a dirty hit from Thurman when talking to various sportswriters. In fact he only shut up about the hit when one of his own lineman told the writers that had accidentally tripped Thurman and that is why Roethlisberger was hit low.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    That quote from Roethlisberger where he does not remember complaining is unbelievable. For 2 or 3 days after that 2nd game several times I saw articles where he called that a dirty hit from Thurman when talking to various sportswriters. In fact he only shut up about the hit when one of his own lineman told the writers that had accidentally tripped Thurman and that is why Roethlisberger was hit low.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05342/618972.stm

Steelers Notebook: Roethlisberger says hit to knee was dirty

Thursday, December 08, 2005
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlilsberger watches the clock run down from the sideline late in the fourth quarter Sunday against the Bengals at Heinz Field

Roethlisberger yesterday called it a dirty hit.

"I'm looking down the field," he said, going through the play. "I threw it to Hines [Ward] early, and I saw [Thurman] coming, so I tried to let my body go limp so I could go down and not hurt my knee.

"From what I heard, he said he got pushed or tripped or something; but anytime you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty."

The pass was complete to Ward for 18 yards, and another 15 was tackled on for Thurman's personal foul.

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis contended this week that Steelers center Jeff Hartings tripped Thurman, although he acknowledged his rookie probably would be fined for the hit by the NFL.

"In this case the penalty may not have even been warranted because the defensive player was tripped running free to the quarterback by the offensive center," Lewis said. "Maybe it should have been an offensive penalty. But, again, it was called on Odell. So that's the way it goes."

Linebacker Brian Urlacher of the Bears said yesterday that while he did not see the hit, quarterbacks are protected too much by the league and the officials.

"Where are we supposed to hit the guy?" Urlacher said when told Roethlisberger called the hit dirty. "You can't hit him in the face, you can't hit him in the chest, you can't hit him in the knees. I don't understand where we are supposed to hit the guys.

"People call it dirty. Call it what you want. We can't hit him. We get fined, we get flagged ... there are so many rules for the quarterbacks now.'

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Is part of this the Bengal fans expecting to win the game? I dont know, just wondering. As a Steeler fan, i expected it to be a very good game, but couldn't say I expected the Steelers to win.

Sometimes the expectations play into it I suppose. In the AFC Title game last year, I was convinced there was no way the Steelers win that game, so when they lost, I was like oh well, time for the draft. Then again, I have often been accused of being an odd cat.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05342/618972.stm

Steelers Notebook: Roethlisberger says hit to knee was dirty

Thursday, December 08, 2005
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlilsberger watches the clock run down from the sideline late in the fourth quarter Sunday against the Bengals at Heinz Field

Roethlisberger yesterday called it a dirty hit.

"I'm looking down the field," he said, going through the play. "I threw it to Hines [Ward] early, and I saw [Thurman] coming, so I tried to let my body go limp so I could go down and not hurt my knee.

"From what I heard, he said he got pushed or tripped or something; but anytime you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty."

The pass was complete to Ward for 18 yards, and another 15 was tackled on for Thurman's personal foul.

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis contended this week that Steelers center Jeff Hartings tripped Thurman, although he acknowledged his rookie probably would be fined for the hit by the NFL.

"In this case the penalty may not have even been warranted because the defensive player was tripped running free to the quarterback by the offensive center," Lewis said. "Maybe it should have been an offensive penalty. But, again, it was called on Odell. So that's the way it goes."

Linebacker Brian Urlacher of the Bears said yesterday that while he did not see the hit, quarterbacks are protected too much by the league and the officials.

"Where are we supposed to hit the guy?" Urlacher said when told Roethlisberger called the hit dirty. "You can't hit him in the face, you can't hit him in the chest, you can't hit him in the knees. I don't understand where we are supposed to hit the guys.

"People call it dirty. Call it what you want. We can't hit him. We get fined, we get flagged ... there are so many rules for the quarterbacks now.'
    Ben likes to complain. It isnt the first or last time he has said, um, questionable things in the media. He is maturing on the field quite well, but needs to start accelerating the growth curve off it as well.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Is part of this the Bengal fans expecting to win the game?
    Nah, it's just Bengal talk in January without an effigy of your owner or coach hanging behind you.

It's refreshing... in an enema sorta way however.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor

BTW, how's things going for the Brownies?
    What does that have to do with the current topic at hand? Another end around?

But if you must know - I think the Browns are on the upward swing. Sure, they got some holes to fill, but they also have made some progress, and IMO, they have the right personnel in that FO and coaching staff to do it. Former President Collins (who is the equivalent of a John Allen) tried to pull a "power play" over Kevin Savage - but look who is now gone.

That shows me this FO and owner knows what needs to be done. Collins' gripe against Savage was that he was "over his head" and was spending too much time on the road evaluating talent. Well D'uh - that is what any GM worth his salt is suppose to do, and that is Savage's forte.

But we're almost 30 Mil under the salary cap, and Savage, Crennel & Co. now know better what we need to do. You need the right people in that FO (tell the Reds that!).

But I'll tell ya what.... if and when you see similar situations, like what is going on with the Bengals right now, going on with the Browns, then you let me know. Because I won't "sidestep" them or try to make excuses. I didn't in the past with Davis and players with attitudes like Brown, Warren, and others. It especially pees me off when I see it on my own team. I'll call it out every time. Deal?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Ouch! We'll be better next year. Savage has said that he thinks Frye should be the starting QB next season. I'm still not sold on him though.
    Ya gotta have someone to throw to other then TE's. Is that whining?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    But you're not.. you're a STEELERS fan.

Now, go the St.Louis Cardinals board and start telling them "what you're concerned about" concerning their team.

Let me know how that goes.
    Yeah I'm a Steelers fan but you have to be a moron to support anything T.O. did last season, see how Terrell Owens ripped a locker room apart.

Try to be a good sport about it and see what it gets you? Dissension in the Bengals locker room really doesn't bother me but reading about Chad Johnson's actions at halftime along what Terrell Owens has done does and what kind of image it portrays the NFL.
    Last edited by Krusty; 01-12-2006 at 01:47 PM.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    What does that have to do with the current topic at hand? Another end around?

But if you must know - I think the Browns are on the upward swing. Sure, they got some holes to fill, but they also have made some progress, and IMO, they have the right personnel in that FO and coaching staff to do it. Former President Collins (who is the equivalent of a John Allen) tried to pull a "power play" over Kevin Savage - but look who is now gone.

That shows me this FO and owner knows what needs to be done. Collins' gripe against Savage was that he was "over his head" and was spending too much time on the road evaluating talent. Well D'uh - that is what any GM worth his salt is suppose to do, and that is Savage's forte.

But we're almost 30 Mil under the salary cap, and Savage, Crennel & Co. now know better what we need to do. You need the right people in that FO (tell the Reds that!).

But I'll tell ya what.... if and when you see similar situations, like what is going on with the Bengals right now, going on with the Browns, then you let me know. Because I won't "sidestep" them or try to make excuses. I didn't in the past with Davis and players with attitudes like Brown, Warren, and others. It especially pees me off when I see it on my own team. I'll call it out every time. Deal?
    I gave you several examples that contradicted your assertion that Lewis is soft on the stars. He told two stars to hit the road in each of his first two seasons. I wouldn't say that is even close to being on his resume. The Brownies are relevant because I know they are your team and have plenty of problems of their own, such as a string of losing seasons, still hiring/firing FO people, and no immediate relief in sight.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Try to be a good sport about it and see what it gets you?
    You can't tell one man how to run his marriage and you can't tell a fan of another team (especially rivals) what should be going on in his teams locker room, seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Oprah just said that Chad Johnson beat up an old lady after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Oprah just said that Chad Johnson beat up an old lady after the game.
    I heard after the game he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I heard after the game he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
    Inside sources at PFT said that Chad tried to take someones car at the airport by saying he was an FBI agent.

Turn Off Ads?