Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chad Johnson and WR coach involved in halftime fight?

Re: Chad Johnson and WR coach involved in halftime fight?

I heard that Chad stole Christmas.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I heard that Chad stole Christmas.
    no, he only tried to. Kemo lunged at his knee and caused him to drop the tree and gifts before getting them up the chimney. or something like that.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    You can't tell one man how to run his marriage and you can't tell a fan of another team (especially rivals) what should be going on in his teams locker room, seems pretty cut and dry to me.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I heard after the game he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
    I've lived here for three weeks and never once shot a man to watch him die. I don't know where that stereotype comes from...

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    I've lived here for three weeks and never once shot a man to watch him die. I don't know where that stereotype comes from...
    Some guys shoot, some guys get shot. Just how I like 'em, unsuspecting ...

GL

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    The Brownies are relevant because I know they are your team and have plenty of problems of their own, such as a string of losing seasons, still hiring/firing FO people, and no immediate relief in sight.
    First off - who says there is no immediate relief in sight? How closely did you follow the Browns this year other then the 6-10 record? That is in no way indicative of the improvements that I have seen on this team this year effected by Savage and Crennel. Where was our defense, which improved as the season progressed, compared to Cincy's? 16th to 28th. And Crennel saw this year as an evaluation period to see what personnel he needed to convert to a 3-4 defense. Lber Davis is a winner, but they need a guy or two to put pressure on the QB. They'll get'em.

Offense - Yep. we got holes to fill. But obviously not in the running game. Droughns is the real deal. He showed that it wasn't a fluke in Denve,a nd rushed for over 1200 yds behind an improved offensive line (which is far better then what we had under Couch or Holcomb).

We had a rookie WR in Edwards who showed that he can make the big play (but got hurt later in the year). Bryant is a keeper (over 1,000 yds receiving). We need to get Winslow back and healthy, and improve our passing gamne to bring more balance and take the pressure off of Droughns/running game.

And we need to see if Frye is gonna be the real deal. He made some typical rookie mistakes (expected); but also showed resolve and in reading defenses. He's learning.

But I don't believe we are as far off as some state. We showed inconsistency this year, and got embarassed by teams like Detroit and Houston, no doubt. But we also played some excellent games against teams like the Colts (could have/should have have won IMO), beat the Bears, and the Bengals.

And I acknowledge those problems, and have in the past. But again, how is that relevant to Chad Johnson's antics? We aren't talking about a lack of talent, holes in the defense or offense, players injured, and miscellaneous other problems that normally plague any team; but an individual player's personality and attitude that appears, after this halftime episode (along with his previous history) to be affecting the cohesiveness (according to Thorton and others players, along with the local media) of the team as a unit? And if this is happening, then who is responsible for nipping it in the bud?

I'm not railing on Lewis. You'll find in previous posts that I have nothing but admiration and respect for this guy, and have said so numerous times. And you're right - he has addressed personnel problems in the past. But they weren't exactly winning then either, and were trying to build that. And everyone supported his moves with Dillon and Spikes. They were railing on this organization and wanted out. He accomodated them.

Now that they are winning though - is he somehow "apprehensive" to address a "personality" like Johnson's because of the fact they are now winning in the way it really needs to be addressed? Yes, he has taken some actions in the past - taken down his "hit list", and last week putting the clamps on him making any public comments prior to the Bengal game (which Johnson didn't like). And I can understand why after some of his previous public statements and boosts, which never came close to being fulfilled. I personally think the coaching staff and various players privately cringe at them; but are afraid to speak out, again, because they are winning, and simply don't want to "alienate" this guy who is very emotional/volatile. IMO, it goes far beyond simply being competitive.

But it's obviously affecting that clubhouse (at least according to Dave Latham, who said other players have come to him and said so after this lastest incident).

Only time will tell if anything is gonna come out of this all. I hope it doesn't. But seeing Johnson's history and personality, it's gonna be difficult IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-12-2006 at 08:41 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Lewis sets the record straight

A report was published on a rumor-mill Web site Monday that Johnson and wide receivers coach Hue Jackson were involved in a physical altercation at halftime of the Bengals' 27-13 loss.

"Chad's a very integral part of what we do," Lewis said. "There was no physical altercation. Chad was upset. He wanted to help us win the football game. He was frustrated. It happens all the time.

"When you lose a good player (such as Palmer), we needed people to step up and make plays. Chad wanted to do that. But Chad's not going to get in a fight with somebody. There are not two sets of rules. If Chad had hit somebody, he wouldn't have played in the second half."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...601150335/1066
    I saw this article post on another site.

"If Chad had hit somebody, he wouldn't have played in the second half."

translation: he swung and missed.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?