Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabrera and lambasting

Cabrera and lambasting

from Rotoworld

Miguel Cabrera has been accused of lambasting a patron after an argument at a Venezuela nightclub early Friday morning. Charges have yet to be filed.
    I was wondering, is lambasting a misdemeanor or a felony?
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cabrera and lambasting

It's a 2nd degree misdemeanor, unless it was aggrivated lambasting, then it's a felony.

Of course that also depends on if he was armed and if the victim was a minor.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

You know what this makes him.....

... a lambaster
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I think I saw Emeril lambasting some dish on the Food Channel the other day.

Maybe it's a typo...maybe it was "lamb-basting". Maybe he smeared the guy with mint jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

... a lambaster
    if he's a lambaster - maybe he's master of his domain......
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Can't find this on the Venezuelan news sites.

Cabrera is currently (1/10 - 8:13 pm) playing for the Aragua Tigres in a playoff game vs the Caracas Leones.

The Leones, BTW are sporting an interesting DP combo with Bergolla at second and Olmedo at SS.

Miguelitos brush with the law may not have been so terrible. (Ugueth Urbina, OTOH, is in DEEP trouble).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    from Rotoworld

I was wondering, is lambasting a misdemeanor or a felony?
    I think it has to do with whether or not the lamb came on to him first.

Rem

Maybe they meant he was a lamb baster?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

... a lambaster
    Makes all the routine posts.

This is one of the most interesting articles I've ever read. I still can't figure out what went on.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines

By Juan C. Rodriguez and Mike Berardino
    Staff Writers
    Posted January 10 2006

Lauded in his hometown of Maracay and throughout Venezuela, Marlins slugger Miguel Cabrera is learning that doesn't preclude him from the pitfalls of fame.

Cabrera is embroiled in an incident that took place outside a Maracay nightclub early Friday morning. Accused of lambasting a patron after an argument, Cabrera had complaints filed against him with the Aragua police department and the local unit for Scientific Investigations, Penalties and Crimes, which conducts forensic exams.

Dr. Gustavo Agreda, chief anesthesiologist at an area hospital, told the regional newspapers El Aragueno and El Siglo that a drunken Cabrera became verbally abusive to his son, Carlos, and his girlfriend as they tried to leave the establishment's parking lot. According to the media reports, Cabrera's vehicle was blocking the exit.

Along with his two cousins, who serve as bodyguards, Cabrera is accused of becoming physical when Carlos Agreda disembarked his car. Cabrera has told associates it was Agreda who sparked the incident when he cut off Cabrera's car in the parking lot to seek an autograph for his girlfriend.

Through his winter league club, the Aragua Tigers, Cabrera released a statement denying any involvement. No charges have been filed against him.

"I didn't hit anybody and nobody hit me," said Cabrera, who is trying to lead the Tigers to a league title and Caribbean World Series berth. "I was in the company of a group of people leaving a locale in the city of Maracay when a fight broke out in which I was not involved. I understand that of all the people there I was probably the most recognizable, and maybe that's why I'm being included without having any responsibility whatsoever in said incident."

Marlins vice president of communications P.J. Loyello said the organization is aware of the matter and satisfied Cabrera was in no way involved.

"From what I have gathered the initial report that was put out by a Venezuelan publication was highly inaccurate and sensationalistic," said Andy Mota, Cabrera's agent. "From what I heard directly from Miguel's mouth, it's really, really far from the truth, even though he acknowledges being in the parking lot of an establishment with his father and his security guys, and something having happened.

"He's very bothered by this, more for his image and what he represents to his city and his state and his team. "

Reached Monday at work, Dr. Agreda said an attorney for his son's girlfriend was meeting with Aragua Tigers president Dr. Rafael Rodriguez, who also is an attorney and handling the case for Cabrera.

"I want to wait and see the results of that meeting," Agreda said. "In [today's] newspapers I'm releasing another statement."

Dr. Agreda told El Siglo that the incident was still simmering when he arrived on the scene. In addition to his son being punched and kicked by Cabrera and his bodyguards, Agreda said Cabrera ultimately turned his verbal ire toward him. Not even the presence of his father and police officers calmed down Cabrera, Agreda added. The report also said Carlos Agreda underwent a medical exam with the forensics unit to confirm the attack.

Said Cabrera: "I'm committed to clearing up this incident in whatever way is necessary."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

lambast
    v 1: beat with a cane [syn: cane, flog, lambaste] 2: censure severely or angrily. syn: call on the carpet, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste]

If Miguelito didn't cane anyone, I'd guess he cussed someone out.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    If Miguelito didn't cane anyone, I'd guess he cussed someone out.
    So why are they bringing in the forensic department? Some of his spittle got on the guy's face?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Cabrera's agent discounts reports about fight

By Tom D'Angelo
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Miguel Cabrera's agent blasted as "sensationalism'' Venezuelan newspaper reports that detailed the Marlins third baseman's alleged involvement in an incident last week outside a Maracay nightclub.

El Aragueno reported that Cabrera allegedly was involved in a physical assault at 5 a.m. Friday as he was leaving the recently opened nightclub. The alleged victim's father, Dr. Gustavo Agreda, told the paper that Cabrera, who was with his father and two cousins who serve as his bodyguards, insulted Carlos Agreda's girlfriend at the club. A fight then broke out and Carlos Agreda suffered minor injuries, according to the report.

"The guy was very aggressive about wanting an autograph and Miguel wanted to go home,'' Mota said. "He's very upset he has to deal with this. Miguel is playing ball. He's in the (Caribbean winter league) playoffs. This is a distraction he does not want.''

Cabrera was called as a witness by the Investigative and Criminal Police Corps, which conducts most criminal investigations in Venezuela, and gave a statement. He has been cleared of any wrongdoing, according to Mota.

"I didn't hit anybody and nobody hit me,'' Cabrera said in a statement released by his winter-league club, the Aragua Tigers. "I was in the company of a group of people leaving a locale in the city of Maracay when a fight broke out in which I was not involved.''

El Aragueno reported Tuesday that it still was being investigated whether Cabrera was involved. Terry Rojas, an official from the Maracay government, told the paper that Cabrera was called to testify as a witness, "because the victim did not accuse him directly, but did mention him.''

Marlins General Manager Larry Beinfest said Tuesday the organization "is aware of the matter.'' Marlins officials are confident Cabrera is innocent of any wrongdoing, according to a team spokesperson.

Noteworthy: The Dodgers hired Hall of Famer Eddie Murray as their hitting coach. ... The Mets and top draft pick Mike Pelfrey, a right-handed pitcher, finalized a four-year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Cabrera is accused of becoming physical when Carlos Agreda disembarked his car.
    You know what I hate? When I'm driving through a parking lot and get stuck behind some guy who's taking forever to disembark his car.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?