Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Narron: "We don't want anybody inheriting a position"

Narron: "We don't want anybody inheriting a position"

... unless, of course, it is every position on the club but third base...

The subject is a paraphrase of what I just heard the Reds manager say on Sportstalk when the topic of Edwin Encarnacion came up. Calling RA one of his "better hitters" in terms of getting the bat on the ball, it is pretty apparent that Eddie E. is going to have to hit Sarasota raking to have any chance of making the team out of spring training.

Nothing has me more disgusted this offseason than the re-signing to Aurilia. There is absolutely no reason to have him or Womack on this club in 2006. At the end of last season, I was really looking forward to seeing Eddie E., and maybe even Bergolla if he had a strong spring, break camp and bring a little youth and enthusiasm to the team, if not a division title. Instead, we have a gm and manager who may or may not be lame ducks scratching and clawing at the putrifax and sludge at the bottom of the major league gene pool in some ill-advised desperation move to save their jobs.

After listeneing to Narron tonight, you might as well pencil in Womack and Aurilia at the top of the order on opening day.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Narron: "We don't want anybody inheriting a position"

Ede will be at third narron is not that dumb he's just telling the media some song and dance somebody will set him straight

EE will get lots of time at 3B. They will spread it around, but I"m not going to stress about it yet. A lot can happen. I still see a Wily MO, Kearns, or even Dunn being traded which can open some spots in the OF for Freel, etc. and Aurilia plays a lot at 2nd. We'll see. I have no problem with EE playing 4-5 games a week and Aurilia 2 and then he takes time at 2B, but I don't think this is going to happen. I think something else will pop up.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

I hope you guys are right.

Did I hear him say the Reds signed Frank Catalonatto(sp)? I must have be mistaken because a quick internet search says that he is signed with the Jays through 2006. I definately heard him say they signed someone today.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 01-10-2006 at 10:50 PM.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    Did I hear him say the Reds signed Frank Cattalonatto(sp)?
    I love him doing his Harry Caray impersonation...

A very wise, smart man who posts here often made an excellent point about EdE. The Reds need to find out if he's gonna be Mike Schmidt or Kelly Paris. The year needs to be 2006.

If Jerry Narron thinks that RA should be playing at 3b more than ONE time a week, Mr. Narron is an absolute disgrace of a manager.

Here should be the infield starting Opening Day

1b-Dunn
    2b-Freel
    ss-Lopez
    3b-EdE

The next night should be the same - except for
    2b-Aurilia

The next game, which is a traditional 12:35 start should mirror Opening Day except for

3b-Aurilia

The weekend series should be the same with 2 of the 3 games with Freel starting and Womack one day.

This should be the rotation whether EdE goes 12 for 20 or 2 for 20 starting.

If Frank Cattalanto is signed, where on a baseball diamond will he go? In the name of Chico Ruiz, how many utility IF's can one team have?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Mark it down and I have already said that on opening day Womack will be at 2nd and Aurilia at 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Mark it down and I have already said that on opening day Womack will be at 2nd and Aurilia at 3rd
    and if Milton's the opening day starter, it might be the first opening day that i miss via TV/Radio in 32 years of living.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Agreed.

The fix is in, EE could hit 1.000 in spring training and they won't start him.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Agreed.

The fix is in, EE could hit 1.000 in spring training and they won't start him.
    ....and the way things go around here - (see Lopez, Felipe) - EdE will lose a month. But, the positive would be, that he'll be an all-star.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I was infuriated when the Reds didn't deal Aurilia at last year's deadline. There had to be some team who needed a guy like him who would have given up a marginal prospect for him.

I was even angrier when we re-signed him earlier last week. Nonsensical. Baffling. Blood-boiling.

I'm not that angry w/having Tony Womack around, provided his role is properly defined - he is a speed guy who can pinch run, knows enough about hitting to be a fairly decent pinch hitter, and his multi-positional versatility allows us to use him to give a regular IF/OF a night off. Furthermore, we didn't pay much for him.

If there is any truth to this Frank Catalanotto rumor, I'm going to put my head through this monitor.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Well, Mariano Duncan has been named first base coach by the Dodgers, so there goes my guess as to who the next free agent signing will be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    I'm not that angry w/having Tony Womack around, provided his role is properly defined - ... Furthermore, we didn't pay much for him.
    other than the fact we could get the same level of offensive performance and superior infield defense and save 750K by giving the job to Rey Olmedo and he might even have some upside. Perish the thought.

I say give it two years and this organization will make the Royals look good. Pitching will be worse than ever, Dunn will have been traded for nothing prospects, Jr will be on the permanently injured list, and Aurilia and Womack will still be starting everyday.

"We don't want anybody inheriting a position"

Doesn't that also include the so called manager?

Rem

Turn Off Ads?