Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man, the Reds' offseasons just keep getting boringer and boringer...

Man, the Reds' offseasons just keep getting boringer and boringer...

...is boringer a word? You get my point. I've posted in past off-seasons asking the question: is this the most boring Reds off-season ever? And it seems like every year, they get worse.

What stinks is that we, as Reds fans, have no shred of hope that our front office is going to do any thing significant to improve the team. It's just like they're simply crossing their fingers every year hoping that this is the year that we'll catch lightning in a bottle.

It's a bummer, man. They give us nothing to get excited about during the off-season yet they expect us to come and be excited about a mediocre team come April.

I was not a JimBo fan, but at least when JimBo was here, there were things happening. At least we felt like he was actually doing something to try to improve the team, change the dynamics of the team...something!

Nowadays...nothing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Man, the Reds' offseasons just keep getting boringer and boringer...

I agree...this sucks.

The only small glimmer of hope I have is that the new ownership will be here on the 19th...I don't care if they spend a lot of money bringing in big name players, I just want too have a respectable organization again...DanO was not the right guy, I now admit. Pants was not the right guy either.

Who is?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Maybee Dan in leather pants?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Yeah. Watching DanO is action is like looking at a minimalist painting. The genius is in the things implied but not done. In DanO's case, I don't think the things not done are genius. I think it's just incompetency.

In the book Watership Down, there was a word called "tharn" that means hypnotized with fear (think of the "deer caught in the headlights" only with a rabbit). I think Dan is tharned.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wow Roy -- you took me right back to 9th grade English class with that reference. Great book. Good call too. The rumors of Tomko as closer, big money offered to Morris, etc., only reaffirms my take that O'Brien just doesn't get it and is making the moves he thinks he's supposed to, rather than executing a plan.

I'm tasty AND low in fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Yeah. Watching DanO is action is like looking at a minimalist painting. The genius is in the things implied but not done. In DanO's case, I don't think the things not done are genius. I think it's just incompetency.

In the book Watership Down, there was a word called "tharn" that means hypnotized with fear (think of the "deer caught in the headlights" only with a rabbit). I think Dan is tharned.
    There was also another word - hraka. I think you'll agree that it pretty much sums up DanO's tenure.

so vair did Dan0 come from to cause this zorn of inertia?

To give DanO some credit, this offseason has been more interesting than his first one on the job where he produced Cory Lidle and a cloud of dust.

After all, he did trade Sean Casey and acquire Tony Womack.

And, after last offseason, I'm of a mind to let DanO be as quiet as he likes until the new ownership takes over and cans him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGARB
    There was also another word - hraka. I think you'll agree that it pretty much sums up DanO's tenure.

Bahahahahaha

I almost disrupted my class by laughing out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker

I say we make that DanO's new nickname: Tharn O'Brien.

I make a motion that from now on, this board refer to DanO as "Tharn." What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    To give DanO some credit, this offseason has been more interesting than his first one on the job where he produced Cory Lidle and a cloud of dust..
    You mean you already forgot the blockbuster acquision of VanderWall?

Yeah, that first year when all DanO did was evaluate gets my vote for most boring offseason.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

After all, he did trade Sean Casey and acquire Tony Womack.
    Plus he chased Rich Aurilia around the tree for so long that he turned into a tub of butter.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    You mean you already forgot the blockbuster acquision of VanderWall?

Yeah, that first year when all DanO did was evaluate gets my vote for most boring offseason.
    If evaluate was all D0 had ever done, the Reds wouldn't be much worse off than they are right now.

got alil captain in u?

atleast he's not making another eric milton disaster

It ain't DanO that has "stopped" the offseason, especially being a lameduck. I think we all know that. Move on.

Turn Off Ads?