Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers Requested

Re: Prayers Requested

GAC...just saw this. Much praise that everything went okay.

If I may try to interject some humor into a humorless situation, a buddy of mine had a similar problem with a stone...couldn't get it out. So he had to undergo a procedure which involved a cathater. After the stone was removed, he still had to wear the cathater for a week afterwards.

Naturally, I told him that it's too bad it wasn't Halloween time. For his office costume party he could show up naked on roller skates and tell everyone he was a pull toy...

Gallows humor at its best...or worst.

Hang tough, pal.
    Dan Scott, Program Director
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com
    ------------------------------------------------
    I'm always serious. And stop calling me Shirley...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just saw this post, glad things worked out for you and your wife. After watching my father lie in excrutiating pain while passing a stone, it isn't something I would wish on anyone. Here's hoping she never has to deal with something like that again.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I will definitely keep her in my prayers as well GAC. Hopefully all will be better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33
    GAC...just saw this. Much praise that everything went okay.

If I may try to interject some humor into a humorless situation, a buddy of mine had a similar problem with a stone...couldn't get it out. So he had to undergo a procedure which involved a cathater. After the stone was removed, he still had to wear the cathater for a week afterwards.

Naturally, I told him that it's too bad it wasn't Halloween time. For his office costume party he could show up naked on roller skates and tell everyone he was a pull toy...

Gallows humor at its best...or worst.

Hang tough, pal.
    They had to put a shint in, which will remain for about a week. The stone got lodged somewhere in her uterine tract (general area/description). But the Dr sent it to a lab for tests because he's not sure it was a stone. Hmmmm. I'm wondering what else it could be?

The woman comes home late Thursday night, and Friday morning, hobbling around and still kinda out of it via pain meds - SHE WANTS TO CLEAN THE HOUSE! I wanted to smack her! And in the weakened condition she is in, I think I could have taken her.

She's such a worry wart about such trivial matters - getting the house cleaned, going to the grocery, her job, etc.

She called her employer right away Friday morning and GUANTEED she'd be back to work on Monday. Her employer told her not to worry about it (Ha! they don't know her), and to just take care of herself. Her job will be there when she is recovered fully. She's an excellent worker.

You'd think me and the kids couldn't "survive" for a couple days with her down, and are totally incompetent.... well, we are, but that is besides the point!

I got the grocery shopping down last night. And today, the kids and I are gonna clean the house. I rented her some movies to watch (The Cave, Skeleton Key, Red Eye, and Brothers Grimm) and told her to relax and take it easy this weekend.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-14-2006 at 07:50 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Glad to hear she's home GAC.

Hang tough.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Take care of her GAC. Glad to hear she is home.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

We both were in bed around 10:31
    That's probably an hour later than normal, right?

So happy she's home and well. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

Well - I just got back from taking the wife back to the hospital. I was out running some errands and she called and said I had to get home and take her in. She's running a fever, has lower abdominal pain, and is bleeding.

I got her registered and settled in, and then had to come home to check on the kids, while waiting for a call.

I'm about ready to put some Drs in the hospital.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

OK, buddy, just said another prayer for your wife. Take care of her.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I will include you and your wife in my prayers. I will also pray that the doctors can find why she is having the complications.

Future Reds All Star TeamMorris's Avatar

I also just saw this! So sorry and prayers said!

Hope they get things worked out soon! It is never fun not knowing what is going on while not being able to a thing but sit back and wait.

Holy crap, Greg!!!! I thought everything was alright!!!

Hang tough, man. Prayers are with you.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

[QUOTE=GAC]And in the weakened condition she is in, I think I could have taken her.[QUOTE]

I dunno man, those pain meds give people super human strength, lol.
    Let's make some noise!

We were at the ER for about 2 hours today. The Dr stated that she is gonna continue to experience bleeding in the urine while that shint is in there. She has some inflammation from the surgery (which is normal); but does not have an infection (good news).

But he also told her (since she never listens to her husband) that she needs to take it easy and quit moving around so much immediately after surgery. I think it finally got through to her.

We laid around all afternoon and watched movies... Red Eye (good movie), Brothers Grimm (still trying to figure that one out), and The Skeleton Key (you really don't know what's going on till the very end. But a decent flick.

Heck - I completely forgot about the Seattle-Washington game. But I'm getting ready to watch the Denver-Patriots though. Go Patriots!

Hey bud...just saw this...both are in our prayers. Take care and take care of her!

Turn Off Ads?