Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kevin Millar and Orioles getting close to contract deal

Kevin Millar and Orioles getting close to contract deal

How many first basemen does Baltimore need?

http://www.startribune.com/509/story/178193.html

In a continuing effort to fill out their 25-man roster, the Baltimore Orioles are in escalating discussions with former Boston Red Sox first baseman Kevin Millar on a one-year deal.

Millar, 34, had expressed interest in joining the Orioles for much of the winter, according to one industry source, but talks heated up in the past week and he could be nearing an agreement soon.

Orioles vice president Jim Duquette confirmed that the team has spoken with representatives of Millar and former Texas outfielder Richard Hidalgo in their search for a veteran major leaguer. Although nothing has advanced with Hidalgo recently, Duquette said negotiations with Millar "have progressed." He wouldn't comment on specifics.

Millar became a cult hero in Boston with his "Cowboy Up" catch phrase and solid play in three years with the Red Sox.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kevin Millar and Orioles getting close to contract deal

Don't count your chickens before they hatch again Orioles.

XM is reporting it as a done deal.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Better them than us.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I liked Millar when he was a bargain basement thumper. He's now just a streaky guy who can't hit well enough to be a starter and can't play defense enough to be an ideal reserve.

And mark my words, he'll whine if he's on the bench.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?