Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Typoglycemia

For a Level Playing Field

Typoglycemia

Sometimes we get irritated b/c of another member's bad spelling. Or we get a bit put-out if we are unsure of our own spelling. Is it really that important? Not really if that first & last letter are accurate...

Typoglycemia

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia.

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 01-18-2006 at 10:26 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Turn Off Ads?