Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

NFL Draft

Can anyone with ESPN insider post the initial mock draft that was posted today? Anybody have any thoughts on who the Bengals will take?

I would like to see them figure out a way to draft Michael Huff, the safety from Texas, who will surely be gone by the 26th pick. Maybe package Webster and the 26th for a pick in the top 15? If not Huff, I would like to see a DT such as the one from Oregon. Thoughts?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL Draft

Like to see a DT as well, someone who can really stuff the run. Not sure Webster would have any trade value, he's damaged goods at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana
    Can anyone with ESPN insider post the initial mock draft that was posted today? Anybody have any thoughts on who the Bengals will take?

I would like to see them figure out a way to draft Michael Huff, the safety from Texas, who will surely be gone by the 26th pick. Maybe package Webster and the 26th for a pick in the top 15? If not Huff, I would like to see a DT such as the one from Oregon. Thoughts?
    Ngata will be gone, although there is a chance Huff would be there.

I'm hoping for Huff, Darnell Bing, or a TE(this class has three who could make an impact)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

1. Houston Texans (2-14): +Reggie Bush, RB, USC
    2. New Orleans Saints (3-13): Matt Leinart, QB, USC
    3. Tennessee Titans (4-12): D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
    4. New York Jets (4-12): +Vince Young, QB, Texas
    5. Green Bay Packers (4-12): A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
    6. x-Oakland Raiders (4-12): Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
    7. x-San Francisco 49ers (4-12): Jimmy Williams, DC, Virginia Tech
    8. Buffalo Bills (5-11): +Haloti Ngata, NT, Oregon
    9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
    10. Arizona Cardinals (5-11): +Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State
    11. St. Louis Rams (6-10): +Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
    12. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
    13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
    14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10): +Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
    15. Atlanta Falcons (8-8): Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
    16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas
    17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): +Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
    18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
    19. San Diego Chargers (9-7): Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
    20. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): Orien Harris, DT, Miami-Fla.
    21. *-New England Patriots (10-6): Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
    22. *-Denver Broncos (10-6): Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
    Pick acquired from Washington Redskins
    23. *-Carolina Panthers (11-5): Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
    24. *-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5): +Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
    25. *-Chicago Bears (11-5): Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
    26. *-Cincinnati Bengals (11-5): Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State
    27. *-New York Giants (11-5): Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami-Fla.
    28. *-Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): +LenDale White, RB, USC
    29. *-Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4): Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville
    30. *-Seattle Seahawks (13-3): Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP
    31. *-Denver Broncos (13-3): +Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
    32. *-Indianapolis Colts (14-2): Eric Winston, OT, Miami-Fla.

Santonio Holmes to Philadelphia with the 14th pick would be an outstanding situation for both him and the team.

He's have a good chance at stepping in and starting right away and he would give Donavon McNabb the deep threat he needs now that Owens is gone. The Eagles really need a wide reciever to step up big for them and Holmes could do just that.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Lendale White falling to 28? Riiiight.

ESPN radio reported last week that the Packers have said they will draft Lendale with the 5th pick. That would give USC three of the top five picks; has that happened before?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine

ESPN radio reported last week that the Packers have said they will draft Lendale with the 5th pick. That would give USC three of the top five picks; has that happened before?
    That is a bit of a stretch IMO. Although given the moves the Packers have made lately, they could be headed down the same road as Cleveland.

AJ Hawk should be the Packers top priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    AJ Hawk should be the Packers top priority.
    i really hope he doesn't end up in Green Bay...i'd much prefer Chicago over the land of cheese.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I don't think the Titans will pass on Vince Young if he's still on the board when they pick. I don't think Mcnair will play more than a couple of more years, if that.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

He's *EXACTLY* the player that Pittsburgh needs this offseason. The Steelers just aren't as effective at wearing defenses down with a speed back like Willie Parer as they are/were with their bruiser Jerome Bettis.

LenDale White would be the perfect "heir apparent" to the Bus in Pittsburgh. But, I highly doubt he'll fall that far. He won't fall beyond Arizona at 10.

I also disagree with Jay Cutler going to Detroit with the 9th pick. Millen has to be feeling the heat, and I just don't see him drafting a player that won't immediately help the team -- which Cutler won't. Though, I'd laugh my posterior off on draft day if Millen took Santonio Holmes, another wideout, gave the finger to the camera, and then resigned from the team.

I'm also hoping that Marcus McNeil falls to Tampa @ 24, but that seems less likely every day.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I don't think the Titans will pass on Vince Young if he's still on the board when they pick. I don't think Mcnair will play more than a couple of more years, if that.
    Matt Leinart would be a better fit with the Titans as he would be reunited with his former OC, Norm Chow. But unfortunately for Matt, the Saints will probably grab him with the second pick.

Matt Leinart would be a better fit with the Titans as he would be reunited with his former OC, Norm Chow. But unfortunately for Matt, the Saints will probably grab him with the second pick.
    Good point.

I just think it's time for the Titans to get a new QB, or to at least start thinking about it. I really like McNair, but he's been so banged up I just don't see him playing that much longer.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Good point.

I just think it's time for the Titans to get a new QB, or to at least start thinking about it. I really like McNair, but he's been so banged up I just don't see him playing that much longer.
    To draft a QB in the 1st round, I think you have to be absolutely confident in his abilities to lead your franchise. Few things set a franchise back quite like pulling an ol "swing and a miss" on a quarterback in the draft. Frankly, I'm not sold on Young as a "can't miss" guy right now.

There's some decent depth at the quarterback position in this draft, and a smart team can probably get a kid like an Omar Jacobs or a Brody Croyle in the later rounds who can be groomed as a QB for a few games while an impact player is taken in the first round.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    To draft a QB in the 1st round, I think you have to be absolutely confident in his abilities to lead your franchise. Few things set a franchise back quite like pulling an ol "swing and a miss" on a quarterback in the draft. Frankly, I'm not sold on Young as a "can't miss" guy right now.

There's some decent depth at the quarterback position in this draft, and a smart team can probably get a kid like an Omar Jacobs or a Brody Croyle in the later rounds who can be groomed as a QB for a few games while an impact player is taken in the first round.
    As a Bengals fan I am acutely aware of this fact. That's for sure.

As far as the Bengals go, I really hope they don't opt for a DT in the first round. DTs have become more bust rather boom than QBs have lately, and are very hard to scout. With our issues at safety, I wouldn't mind drafting Bing or Huff. DT sounds a lot better in the 2nd round, especially considering our success as of late in the 2nd round.

Turn Off Ads?