Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon
    As far as the Bengals go, I really hope they don't opt for a DT in the first round. DTs have become more bust rather boom than QBs have lately, and are very hard to scout. With our issues at safety, I wouldn't mind drafting Bing or Huff. DT sounds a lot better in the 2nd round, especially considering our success as of late in the 2nd round.
    I was thinking the same thing, Huff.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Man that's an ugly looking mock draft. For starters, Posluszny is staying at PSU for another year. Secondly, there is no way on God's green earth that the Vikings would take Maroney over LenDale White and if they do then I've lost all hope for my team. Third, Tennessee would be nuts to pass on Young. McNair is his mentor and there's no better situation for him that to go to the Titans. Chow and Leinart may be buddies, but I think they'd rather have Young. Finally, I seriously doubt Baltimore would take another RB that early what with early indications being that they want to keep Jamal Lewis around as well as the presence of Chester Taylor, a guy who I like a whole lot. D'Angelo Williams is a nice talent, but that pick wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

McNair to Young is a match made in heaven, I remember when McNair came to the NFL, most didn't think he'd have much success.

I think the Lions would be foolish to take Cutler when they have so many more problems.
    Go Gators!

As a Titans fanatic, I say that Vince Young will be a Titan on draft day. The only way that the Titans take Ferguson is if Young goes to the Texans at 1 or the Saints at 2. Folks in Nashville are also drooling over AJ Hawk. Tennessee will not draft Matt Leinart at 3 if he fall to them. If for some odd reason Reggie Bush falls to them, I don't think they would pass him up, but I don't see that happenning. I actually expect the Titans to trade down and select a linebacker or offensive lineman.

Basically, if they can't get Vince Young, they will trade the pick if it isn't Reggie Bush at 3. IMO, Ferguson would be the best choice.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    As a Titans fanatic, I say that Vince Young will be a Titan on draft day. The only way that the Titans take Ferguson is if Young goes to the Texans at 1 or the Saints at 2. Folks in Nashville are also drooling over AJ Hawk. Tennessee will not draft Matt Leinart at 3 if he fall to them. If for some odd reason Reggie Bush falls to them, I don't think they would pass him up, but I don't see that happenning. I actually expect the Titans to trade down and select a linebacker or offensive lineman.

Basically, if they can't get Vince Young, they will trade the pick if it isn't Reggie Bush at 3. IMO, Ferguson would be the best choice.
    How much you want to bet that they dont take Matt Leinart if for some reason he isnt there at 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I don't think the Jets can take a QB...a good chunk of their cap space is already occupied by Pennington.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    How much you want to bet that they dont take Matt Leinart if for some reason he isnt there at 3?
    what?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

D'Brickashaw Ferguson should be the #2 pick in the draft. He's an absolute stud of a lineman and someone who could anchor an offensive line for a decade on a team.

While getting your "franchise quarterback" seems to be all the vogue in drafts, building a solid young offensive line is the quickest way to build a team into a long-term contender, IMO. Just ask Pittsburgh and Denver.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson should be the #2 pick in the draft. He's an absolute stud of a lineman and someone who could anchor an offensive line for a decade on a team.

While getting your "franchise quarterback" seems to be all the vogue in drafts, building a solid young offensive line is the quickest way to build a team into a long-term contender, IMO. Just ask Pittsburgh and Denver.
    I agree Caveat, if the Texans could swing it they probably would be better off trading down a spot or three in the draft and taking Ferguson. To me the jury is still way out on Carr. I think when he isn't on his back looking at the roof of Reliant Stadium he can be a really good quarterback. Get Ferguson in there to help protect him and no telling how effective he could be.

Reggie Bush is a true stud but the Texans already have a top 10 all around running back in my opinion with Domanick Davis. Is Bush better than Davis? Sure, I think in the long run he will be. Does Bush do more in 2006 to turn around the Texans than Ferguson could? I doubt it.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

what?
    Tennessee will not draft Matt Leinart at 3 if he fall to them.
    Norm Chow is the offensive cooridnator for the Titans. If for some reason the Saints or Texans took Vince Young, I would think the Titans would absolotely jump at the chance for Matt Leinart.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas
    This is the only ones i disagree about, I really believe that the Phins will get Cutler.
    Let's make some noise!

I don't know if the Saints really intend to draft Leinart, but I'm guessing he doesn't really intend to play for them.

Nothing against taking a good TE, but the Rams are desperately trying to get more definsively-minded, will be looking that direction when they hire a new coach, and will likely take a defensive player in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    McNair to Young is a match made in heaven, I remember when McNair came to the NFL, most didn't think he'd have much success.

I think the Lions would be foolish to take Cutler when they have so many more problems.
    The Lions will probably take a WR. Its worked so far, why stop now .

Maybe if some of those WR could throw, defend, block ext
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?