Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palmer’s injury could be ‘career-ending’

Re: Palmer’s injury could be ‘career-ending’

Delightful.

Now 2006 may well be down the tubes. With the schedule we play, there's absolutely no way Kitna can take us to the playoffs. Bengals must sign a strong-armed quarterback who can take advantage of our wideouts. Maybe Kurt Warner...

Either way, congrats Steelers fans, looks like your dominance continues. Some people get all the freaking luck.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm hearing that Cincinnati may sign Tim Couch. That news may just be getting floated out there to motivate Carson to rehab properly.
    As of a few weeks ago that was false. They gave him a tryout and realized pretty quickly he was uncapable of throwing anywhere near an NFL level.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

You know, Sportscenter put a byline under footage of Palmer and said the same thing this thread title does, which is incredibly misleading. The doctor basically said, generically, that EVERY knee injury of this magnitude COULD be career-ending. That's little more than CYA talk. He gave much more optimism for this specific case.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I'm with you, tr. The article headlines are extremely misleading.

This looks like a case of the media taking the three or four most shocking words from the doctor's quote out of context and creating a must-read headline.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Before the 1979 season...the Lions lost their starting QB (I think it was Gary Danielson...not in CP class, but he was decent)

They went 2-14 in 1979 with 6th rd pick Jeff Kolmo.........they were favored to win the division that year, with their Silver Rush defense of Doug English, Al Baker.

They get 1st pick in the draft and take RB Billy Sims. They go 9-7 the next year... 8-8 in '81. Make playoffs in 82-83.

What is the point of this story......... only that i hope this injury, even if CP comes back next year, will force Lewis and the org. to seriously invest in some FA defensive players, so that the offense is not forced to carry this team and CP is not looked at as the only way they win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Ill give you Tommy Maddox. OK, I'll even pay for the train, er, bus ticket to get him there.
    Maddox wasn't looking half bad at one time from the smack I remember hearing from Steelers fans after watching Kordell for a few years. Now, he's a putz. Amazing what watching a real QB play does to change perceptions.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Maddox wasn't looking half bad at one time from the smack I remember hearing from Steelers fans after watching Kordell for a few years. Now, he's a putz. Amazing what watching a real QB play does to change perceptions.
    I never liked Maddox for several reasons. He had early success in Pittsburgh because there was no book on him, but teams figured him out quickly. I never thought Kordell should have been pulled in 2002...now I was wrong on that, but I wish it was someone other than Maddox who got the shot at succeeding Kordell.

But thats another topic. As for Palmer, I'm glad some of the hype is going away and that it truly looks like he will be ready in 2006. He is a special talent and should be fun to watch the next 10 years or so.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Reports are the Bengals are looking at Matt Schaub of the Falcons and Jamie Martin of the Rams as possible backups for Carson. The Falcons want a 2nd round draft pick in exchange for Schaub.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Reports are the Bengals are looking at Matt Schaub of the Falcons and Jamie Martin of the Rams as possible backups for Carson. The Falcons want a 2nd round draft pick in exchange for Schaub.
    It might come as blasphemey to some, but (as a Buccaneers fan) I think the Falcons would be a more dangerous team if they dealt Vick somewhere and put Schaub in as the quarterback.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?