Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCoy: 1/13 Reds will sort through crowd at second base

Re: McCoy: 1/13 Reds will sort through crowd at second base

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Yeah, I wonder how he does when he has 12 players on his roster and 6 of them are point guards.....
    I know he wouldn't start a more talented freshman over a less talented senior.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I know he wouldn't start a more talented freshman over a less talented senior.
    That SR has experience and that counts more then actual results

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    "It will be awesome to see Encarnacion come back, but it's also awesome to see Richie (Aurilia) come back because he can play third, short and second," Narron said.
    Read: Ed who? Rich, whoohoo.

i might go to Florida this spring, just so i can personally take Narron, Dan0, Rich, Tony and Eric on a little "boat trip" into the gulf.
    anyone want to come with?

Thank goodness we've got a bunch of second basemen, next order of business should be to sign a few more crappy relievers.

I'd like to sign some more catchers. Preferably ones with weak bats, crappy D and who are slow of foot. Those are, after all, apparently the traits we look for in second basemen.

BTW Womack = Freel? Not by any mathematical theory I ever learned.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

The only you thing you get out of a McCoy article involving O'Brien and/or Narron is a diatribe from the good ole boy's congregation. I especially loved McCoy's assertion that Encarnacion is a liability at third base defensively. Right, Hal, whatever you say ...

O'Brien is an idiot. Narron is an idiot. McCoy is an idiot. The only possible question is which one is the biggest idiot.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis

BTW Womack = Freel? Not by any mathematical theory I ever learned.
    Both first names are 4 letters and 2 Syllables.

That's all I have.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    The only you thing you get out of a McCoy article involving O'Brien and/or Narron is a diatribe from the good ole boy's congregation. I especially loved McCoy's assertion that Encarnacion is a liability at third base defensively. Right, Hal, whatever you say ...

O'Brien is an idiot. Narron is an idiot. McCoy is an idiot. The only possible question is which one is the biggest idiot.
    O'brien......not even close.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Sounds like Narron has found his calling -- coaching girls' basketball.

Please join me in encouraging him to follow that dream on a full-time basis.
    And we won't need them.

Every ball hit will be out of the yard!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    The worst pitching staff in the NL and the Reds are stockpiling second basemen.

The Reds will have no range at 2B, 3B, and CF on Opening Day.
    Meant too quote this post before...sorry.

And we won't need them.

Every ball hit will be out of the yard.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

What did you expect when McCoy titles his article, on the resigning of Aurilia, good news?

We have such uncertainty in the INF (with the exception of SS and 1B - though I'll withhold judgment there until I see how Dunn does after a full year at 1B, and also with Lopez at SS).

But acquiring Womack, and then resigning RA (and this is not a defense of them either), has nothing to do, nor did it prevent us from acquiring quality pitching. The market did. The FA market on pitching sucked, and I'm glad they didn't try to enter the stakes, seeing what mediocre pitchers were being signed for. We made our mistakes last year. Perfectly content to sit back and watch some of the other teams do it this off-season.

If we had - we'd have simply dug the hole even deeper.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-15-2006 at 08:58 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    What did you expect when McCoy titles his article, on the resigning of Aurilia, good news?

We have such uncertainty in the INF (with the exception of SS and 1B - though I'll withhold judgment there until I see how Dunn does after a full year at 1B, and also with Lopez at SS).

But acquiring Womack, and then resigning RA (and this is not a defense of them either), has nothing to do, nor did it prevent us from acquiring quality pitching. Thge market did. The FA market on pitching sucked, and I'm glad they didn't try to enter the stakes, seeing what mediocre pitchers were being signed for. We made our mistakes last year. Perfectly content to sit back and watch some of the other teams do it this off-season.

If we had - we'd have simply dug the hole even deeper.
    The could and still can make some trades. The market doesn't stop that from happenning. The GM does.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    Thank goodness we've got a bunch of second basemen, next order of business should be to sign a few more crappy relievers.
    That was so 2004.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Womack is versatile...he can makes outs at five different positions!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    The could and still can make some trades. The market doesn't stop that from happenning. The GM does.
    It does when the shelves at the market are pretty bare, and people are scrambling paying $100 for a box of Fruit Loops, and you're outside the store wanting to barter with dirt.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?